sundevil777

Problem with atmonauti article in parachutist

This sounds like a narrow perspective.

Wow... in that case... thanks for opening my mind...:S

Flocking has rarely included docking. Tracking almost never includes maneuverability on an individual's axis.

Who have you been jumping with? Just because you haven't seen it where you are, doesn't mean that people haven't been doing it for years.

And neither of them are considerable for an effective artistic routine.

Really? Funny, because almost every team at a world level incorporates some kind of tracking. The only team to REALLY try 45degree flying didn't get scored so well for it since it didn't really show that well on the video.

Who cares if it is the next big thing or not...it is still friggin fun as hell. Not to mention very challenging indeed - to pull off all the moves you like to do in head down and sitflying except at a different vector; moving across the sky as opposed to down it.

Who said it wasn't fun? A lot of people, besides myself, feel it's a lot of hype about something that really isn't all that new. That's all.
Oh, hello again!

You're welcome.

Ok, docking in flocking is a normal occurance. I've been jumping in the same arena as you and this is not a common practice. Explain to me the ability to move around in a track as much as on a 45 degree.

That is why I said I've seen tracking in a competition. But it hasn't been that impactful. Impressive but not quite as dynamic.

Exactly, but now you seem to be changing your perspective. ??? :D

Who said it wasn't fun? A lot of people, besides myself, feel it's a lot of hype about something that really isn't all that new. That's all.

Who said it's new?

I have an 'atmo' dvd that was produced in 2000 and they were docking on a porter in flight fuck its cool. they run in and exit on the angle and fly relative with the plane. amazing. they were doing it well before then too.

6 years is not new!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Okay dude... you're right. No one docked in flocking dives, tracking was boring to look at and people didn't build formations while tracking and move around a lot. Stuff like that is only possible and/or exciting when done at a 45degree angle.:S

You said you wanted an explanation of how you can move around in a track as much as you can @ 45degrees. I dunno... people can go up, down, back, forward, on the belly, on the back, on the side, even sidesliding on the belly or back and going feet first. You can "carve", which is wide barrel rolls with partner. You can build freefly formations like a double spock or totems. I dunno... I just never thought it was all that limited. These things can be done tracking, vertically, and in between. Just takes different balance. How's that?

That is why I said I've seen tracking in a competition. But it hasn't been that impactful. Impressive but not quite as dynamic.

Have you seen atmonauti in freefly competitions? Was it more impressive? The only time I've seen it, it did not score well at all because it's tough to present it so that it doesn't look like tracking.

Exactly, but now you seem to be changing your perspective. ???

And how am I changing my perspective? It's fun to track, flock, and all the angles in between. Those have been our de-stress jumps from training for years. It just that the hype surrounding it is a little much. Like others have said before... it's nothing new.
Oh, hello again!

Who said it's new?

The hype is new. Building flocking or tracking formations (in different angles) is not new.

It's just funny to see people get defensive about it. What's the big deal? It's just another skydive. People take this stuff (and themselves sometimes) way too seriously.
Oh, hello again!

No one docked in flocking dives, tracking was boring to look at and people didn't build formations while tracking and move around a lot. Stuff like that is only possible and/or exciting when done at a 45degree angle

You are trying to put words in my mouth. Go through the dialogue here. I never said "no one docks on flocking dives", I am saying that it isn't common practice. The point of a flock is not to build a linked formation...never really has been. Unless you want to start the phenomenon yourself - it's a good idea actually. No one is building medium to big way links in a flock dude....it just hasn't really happened yet.

And I also never said linked formations were only possible at a 45 degree angle. Those words were never mentioned. Why do you want to put words in my mouth? Seems to me a defensive move on your part and not mine. But anyway, the direction of atmonauti is headed that way...if it isn't already there.

The only time I've seen it, it did not score well at all because it's tough to present it so that it doesn't look like tracking.

I believe there are people getting gold medals with this in europe. It may be taking a while to cross the big water there.

I don't speak for the discipline, I just think it is cool. Much more fun than tracking and much more dynamic than a flock, and more challenging in my opinion. It is more difficult and precise I think.

And how am I changing my perspective?

You are dude...just pick a position and stick with it. Otherwise you are going to look like a poge. hahahahahaah!!!!! :D

I am saying that it isn't common practice. The point of a flock is not to build a linked formation...never really has been. Unless you want to start the phenomenon yourself - it's a good idea actually. No one is building medium to big way links in a flock dude....it just hasn't really happened yet.

It has, I've been on some 10 ways that built in formation during a flock. None of us thought it was a new discipline though.

And I also never said linked formations were only possible at a 45 degree angle. Those words were never mentioned. Why do you want to put words in my mouth? Seems to me a defensive move on your part and not mine. But anyway, the direction of atmonauti is headed that way...if it isn't already there.

Formations can be built in any form of tracking to flocking to vertical. What makes 45degrees any more or less exciting. I tend to enjoy any of my jumps. Right now, "atmonauti" just has all the hype.

I believe there are people getting gold medals with this in europe. It may be taking a while to cross the big water there.

Where? I've seen the freefly routines from the past 4 international meets and only 1 team (american) REALLY used what you'd call "atmonauti". It didn't score well.

I don't speak for the discipline, I just think it is cool. Much more fun than tracking and much more dynamic than a flock, and ...

It IS cool. No cooler than any other jumps to me though. But that's opinions. I just think there's a lot of hype about it being the next big thing... when it's been around, and isn't all that different from what many jumpers do every weekend.

more challenging in my opinion. It is more difficult and precise I think.

To quote the article in Parachutist...

"Borgnis and Tiezzi emphasize that atmonauti flight is available to all jumpers, even those with 100 jumps. Formation skydivers can figure it out in just a few days, and good freeflyers need only a couple of jumps to master the technique."

You are dude...just pick a position and stick with it. Otherwise you are going to look like a poge. hahahahahaah!!!!!

You'd better start making sense, or you are going to look like a poge (sic) too....:S
Oh, hello again!

I've been on some 10 ways that built in formation during a flock.

Pics...video? Heads on level? Where were you docking...on each others leg straps? or were you doing a line? Ok well...cool then. :)

Formations can be built in any form of tracking to flocking to vertical.

I am sure they can. But flying a two way dock in tracking has burbles to deal with. That is a problem that is less likely on a 45.

And again, flocking rarely keeps the heads on level at the perpendicular position that the 45 is supposed to include. This again provides a difference.

Also, the burbles in a track cause a two way issue for the uninitiated. Not a problem for those with thousands, like you, of jumps who know how to deal with it. But for the average flyer who is trying to get a knack...maybe going to be an issue. The 45 takes away "SOME" of the possibility of getting hung up in the lack of wind.

:D:D:ph34r:

Are you people crazy!!!!
Atmonauti in not about a 45 deg. angle it is a way of life.
I make eggs & french toast while in atmonauti.
I shower while in atmonauti.
I sleep with atmonauti.
When I go to work and someone asks me a question my answer is ATMONAUTI.
My underwear is not thundercats it is atmonauti.
When I have sex I atmonauti.
I eat atmonauti for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
It is the pep in my step and the thrust in my hump.
I ordered chinese food & they asked, would you like some atmonauti with you rice?

This is for you ATMONAUTI!!!

So is V8 juice a cure for atmonauti ;)

If no one else remembers the V8 commercials I apologize but I couldn't help myself
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Pics...video? Heads on level? Where were you docking...on each others leg straps? or were you doing a line? Ok well...cool then.

If I recall it was an open accordion type thing, then a line where people docked on the rigs of the dude in front of them and the 2 front people had a hand dock. If I suddenly have the urge to dig through 60 tapes to find out if I wore my camera or not... I'll let you know. But it was cool. With my teammates, we've done flocking dives where we docked on legs, feet, sideways to the leader (side sliding) all kinds of stuff... it just takes some imagination.

Also, the burbles in a track cause a two way issue for the uninitiated. Not a problem for those with thousands, like you, of jumps who know how to deal with it. But for the average flyer who is trying to get a knack...maybe going to be an issue. The 45 takes away "SOME" of the possibility of getting hung up in the lack of wind.

Ahhhh, I see the problem. Your "balls" diagram is incorrect. The burble while tracking is NOT directly over someone like in your pic. It is BEHIND and ABOVE them at about a 45degree angle.... depending on the forward speed of the jump. That makes it possible to fly directly over someone else... just not behind them and above them.

It's not the 45degree angle that helps anything... it's being on head level relative to where the burbles are that matters. I'm too lazy to draw it, but someone with your experience should know what's up.
Oh, hello again!

Wow!! 60 tapes! You must have a lot of jumps!

Ok dude, you just go ahead and dock a two way, head on, right on top of them, in a track. Get a pick about 1/2 second before you collapse right into the base, and post it up here like it never happened.

45 degrees above a track leader is about from his chest down at that range (about 2 feet). Go right ahead and approach that...but make sure you are wearing a helmet with a face mask. :D

:o Oh...you really got me there! :S

.A
......T
...........M
................O
....................N
........................A
...........................U
...............................T
..................................I

Go ahead, say it dude; it's ok, no one is listening.

hahahahahha!!!!

Don't you understand ATMONAUTI is going rule the word!!!

RULE THE WORLD I SAY!!!!!!!

YOU BETTER GET WITH IT
A
...T
......M
.........O
............N
...............A
..................U
.....................T
........................I

You will soon see atmonauti airlines.
atmonauti bottled water.
atmonauti fast food.
atmonauti cable channel.
Babies will fly atmonauti out the the womb.
Soon you will not need a car you can atmonauti to work.
It is in you Trent feel the A T M O N A U T I.
You can't contain the beast any longer.
ATMONAUTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

That 2 part article in Parachutist is full of crap.

It shows flat tracking as having a horizontal trajectory!

It shows atmonauts flying at less than 45 degrees to the horizontal, airflow going straight along their body length, exactly the same as their actual trajectory.

Pure bullshit.

I have no doubt it is fun, and that there is more to it than a group tracking dive, but the article has horrible errors.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

When I have sex I atmonauti.
It is the pep in my step and the thrust in my hump.
When I go to work and someone asks me a question my answer is ATMONAUTI.
Babies will fly atmonauti out the the womb.
Soon you will not need a car you can atmonauti to work.

Oh man! This had me laughing soo hard I couldn't fucking breathe and I started crying!!!!

I wanna go try the atmonauti in bed!:ph34r:

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

It is laced with ATMONAUTI!

Hey!... do you smell that?

It's ATMONAUTI seeping threw my pours.

My heart does not pump blood it pumps ATMONAUTI!

TRENT!!!!!
Give me an A! T! M! O! N! A! U! T! I!

After some sex I feel NAUTI.
ATMONAUTI.

One day you will be watching tv & you will hear people say...

Dude that was just totally ATMONAUI.