Broke

Log first or Pack first

I often don't log my jumps until the end of the day... I'll usually hit up a few of the guys I've jumped with during the day to sign my jumps...

generally my logs aren't overtly detailed if its an RW jump I'll note the # of points and possibly the formations created. On other jumps I'll make a point of notable activities, problems, etc...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I hear the more jumps people have the less detailed the logbook gets. I still log just about every detail I can rember about any jump I do, but then again I am still a low timer. I usually rent for a jump or two so the packers get my rig for the most part.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

some I'll include more detail... examples are coached jumps, jumps where I'm doing new things, etc... part of the reason I wait until the end of the day to log most of my jumps is that it allows me to get back on the plane and continue jumping sooner...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I sometimes wait for weeks to log jumps. Pro-track keeps track of em for me. I use a packer most of the time too. So, I really don't do either...at least right away.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

I like to log before packing. I believe that I'm one of the few, with the number of jumps that I have, that do this. It just helps me to remember what happened.

I draw cute little formations with arrows. That way I can look back and pick one that I have done before since I'm not very good at organizing.

I put down what kind of landing I did, first and last names of who I jumped with if they are new [especially the famous ones!], and even the temperature. It's like a diary.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I haven't logged in about 1,200 jumps.

Just not into it. But I always make sure that I jump with my protrack.. so I know how many jumps I have (+ or - 5)

Later on I think you will regret this. I have never heard a jumper say "I sure am glad I didn't bother logging my jumps back then"!
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I hear the more jumps people have the less detailed the logbook gets.

You're right. At the beginning of this year i had 341 skydives and was still loggong massively detailed descriptions of each jump. Now i do so many in a weekend thanks to camera that i just write jump no, brief description and get someone to sign them. I often don't log till the following weekend.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I hate logging, and am very lax about it. I wish I was better about it, but I'm not. Any suggestions? (In the realm of me not doing anything about it because I usually forget? ;))

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

My motivation is that PASA, our local skydiving organisation stipulates that you must have physically logged 1000 dives if you want to be an AFFI. I want to so i log. You could always buy a Neptune/ pro track/ vigil, all of these keep track of jumps for you.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Later on I think you will regret this. I have never heard a jumper say "I sure am glad I didn't bother logging my jumps back then"!

Why? So I can get patch from USPA? Woohoo!!
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I rarely log right away... sometimes I go several days. My protrack keeps track of all my jumps and sometimes I'll have manifest print me out a report so I will know who was on the load with me to spark my memory. However, I do log every jump and right down as much detail as I can remember except on tandems which all get logged as (S.T.F.B.S.) - Same Tandem Filming Bull Shit. :P Everyone that has ever read my log book thinks it reads more like a novel. No one thought I would continue doing it this long. 925 Jumps and counting. Anyway, I don't have any plans of changing anytime soon.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

I wait until the end of the day because I stay pretty amped up after each jump and cant write worth crap:$ After the last jump of the day and I get my rig packed up I have calmed down enough to write legibly.:P

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!

You know what.. I don't think that I will regret it. If I were going to have a log book it would be the sort where you write down only the most minimal information, altitude, plane, location, date... Why bother keeping a good record of that? I remember quite well the dropzones I've jumped at. And if I forget someday, well, so what?

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Another reason to pack first regardless of logging preferences is that there's likely a full load coming in right behind you & they really need all the packing space available. Get your rig outta the way.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)