bobotie

A Liscence Pull Altitude

Minimum for A and B license is 3000ft. C is 2500ft and D is 2000ft (unless it changed with the license changes...I honestly can't remember it changed off the top of my head). Eitherway, A is still 3000ft.

That's if you really *want* to pull that low. The more jumps I get the more I tend to try to deploy around 3.5k. Kinda nice to have a little extra room for a malfunction, especially when jumping highly loaded high performance canopies.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Minimum for A and B license is 3000ft. C is 2500ft and D is 2000ft (unless it changed with the license changes...I honestly can't remember it changed off the top of my head). Eitherway, A is still 3000ft.

That's if you really *want* to pull that low. The more jumps I get the more I tend to try to deploy around 3.5k. Kinda nice to have a little extra room for a malfunction, especially when jumping highly loaded high performance canopies.

the recommended hard deck of 2500 for an A effectively requires that 3.5 anyway.

With the 15k exit I usually get, silly to push on the lower end.

Amen brotha! Minimum doesn't mean you *shouldn't* pull higher. It's nice to see folks where I now jump regularly breaking off at 5k and pulling at 4 and 3.5. Of course, this is a dz w/o a fatality in it's 40 year existance.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

You can go to USPA.org and download the Skydivers Information Manual in PDF format for free.

It will tell you everything you need to know.
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

By what altitude does an A liscence have to pull?
And B liscence?

G. MINIMUM OPENING ALTITUDES [E]

Minimum container opening altitudes above the ground for skydivers are:

1. Tandem jumps–4,500 feet AGL
2. All students and A-license holders–3,000 feet AGL
3. B-license holders–2,500 feet AGL
4. C- and D-license holders–2,000 feet AGL

Its not when you pull, but when your container opens.:)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

3,000 feet, as has already been correctly listed in several posts.

Now, lets take that 'up' a bit in the process, and discuss break-off altitudes.

According to USPA, break-offs should be at least 1,500 feet above the highest intended opening altitude for groups of five or fewer, and 2,000 feet above the highest intended opening for groups of six or more. In addition to those specifics, break off altitudes should be lifted when groups need additional separation time, or time to slow down from greater than 'flat' freefall speeds. Some jumpers may want to lift their opening altitudes to compensate for the possibility of a spinning or surging opening, or because they simply want additional time to deal with a potential malfunction.

Selecting a break-off altitude is actually much more complicated than selecting the opening altitude. I've got the topic covered in an S&TA article on The Ranch web site. It's article 18 "Selecting a Break-Off Altitude" available at http://theblueskyranch.com/STA.php.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy