skydivermom

That's what dreams are made of!

I'm posting this here because there are some of you who don't read in the Bonfire, and I wanted to make sure you saw this. I made several posts here during my training and some of you followed them closely. It's been a while since I've given a progress report.

A year ago from yesterday, I took ground school and made an attempt at an AFF jump. Scared myself half to death. Switched to the Static line program where I smacked my nose on the Cessna step on one jump, made a low turn on another, and almost scared my instructor half to death!

When I was sitting in that ground school course on July 16, 2005, I had no idea that almost a year from that date, July 15, 2006, I would get my SCR!!

Yes!! That's what dreams are made of:)
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

***(which one is you?)

Oh I suppose that would help wouldn't it?;) I'm the one in pink.

Whooo PINK! Congrats on your accomplishments! Keep up all the hard work :)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Looks like AirTwardo, JohnRich and WaltAppel are on your load. Who else is on it that I don't recognize the gear?

(Congrats, now take the SCRs with you where ever you go and spread that history and tradition)!:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Let's see: Lee McMillan, JENR8R, Jumpjunkie2004, Popsjumper and I don't know who the jumper is on the other side of Airtwardo, 2 slots over from me. I wish someone could identify him.

Turtlespeed is the one taking the pics. He's pretty awesome. Oh, and Larry (luminous) organized the whole thing for me and bowed out in the end so I could have video. Pretty awesome guy.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Congratulations!!!!! How cool that it happened almost excactly 1 year later!

It just gets better. B| But there's nothing like the early jumps and the firsts, you will remember this one fondly years from now, so glad you got video and pics!

I don't know who the jumper is on the other side of Airtwardo, 2 slots over from me. I wish someone could identify him.

If you mean the black jumpsuit with blue grippers and silver helmet, that would be Denis Wolf. He was just in the SOS Skydivers Over Sixty formation record the previous weekend. A really good guy.

Larry (luminous) organized the whole thing for me and bowed out in the end so I could have video. Pretty awesome guy.

Yes, that was generous of him. There wasn't going to be video at first, and when a videoman was scrounged up, the plane was already full. So Larry backed out to free up a slot for Turtle's video.

How about that handsome guy in the brown jumpsuit!

You've come a long way, and have a lot to be proud of. Congrats!

Congratulations. Has it dried out down there yet? I was jumping at Spaceland with some of those guys last week (POPS/SOS) and every landing was like a pond swoop.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What the heck is SCR?

If you have to ask here, then you don't deserve to know. :|

Not every country has SCR. We don't. So I don't know what it is other than obviously something to be proud of.

Congrats Kathleen!
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Not every country has SCR. We don't. So I don't know what it is other than obviously something to be proud of.

http://www.scr-awards.com/

:)