Mostly_Harmless

Stunt Junkies

Anyone click on the advertisment on DZ.com? Apparently this Tuesday starts off the new season with a swooping stunt and a base jumping stunt.

Should be interesting to watch.

Rather than posting a link, why not help me? Go click on the ad to check it out. :) ~ sangiro

Hi Everyone & Lew, Trent, and Betsy!

I'm on Eli's Flyboyz mailing list. In the email, he listed the below airtimes.

Please find the latest Stunt Junkies air schedule...
-Discovery Channel-

August 8 - Jake Kilfoyle & Peter Gambs
August 15 - Jeff Meyer & Bob Burnquist
August 22 - Ryan Capes & Tao Berman
August 29 - Kane Friesen & Luigi Cani
September 5 - Jason Slezak & Jay Quinlan
September 12 - Seth Enslow & Allan Cooke

Looks like Luigi will be on too. Should pretty neat. Olivia

Maybe I should clarify. The motorcycle stunt had nothing to do with aircraft, parachutes or skydiving whatsoever. They simply used the nice long paved runway to build speed on a motorcycle to do wheelies.

And Stunt Junkies isn't just about base, it just was originally hosted by Jeb. There are all kinds of different stunts.

peace
lew

(thanks for the photo Olivia. Hey Olivia, is the rantoul swoop video posted anywhere?)
http://www.exitshot.com

I think that labrys was refering to Peter Gambs' stunt.
It did involve BASE and a motorcycle. @ labrys, It is still considered a BASE stunt as it (motorcycle) is not an aircraft. Same for cars, bicycles, skateboards and ski's etc.
hope this helps,
take care,
space

(thanks for the photo Olivia. Hey Olivia, is the rantoul swoop video posted anywhere?)

You're welcome Lew... Our plans are to edit footage for streaming video during the next week. The video should be completed along with an update to the AirZone site on the swoop competition results. I'll let you all know when to check it out.

It was on last night. They showed a picture of a huge dust devil to illustrate the type of crosswinds the motorcycle had to deal with. The second stunt had Luigi Cani swoop into the front seat of a Corvette at about 80 mph. I like the disclaimer at the start of the show where they tell you "Don't try this at home". Even if I thought I could do some of that stuff, they don't need to tell me twice.

I saw a commercial about this episode but missed the show. Maybe it will air again.[:/]
I get the idea of matching speed with the car, and it looked like the approach would be from the side...and from the rear...( Similar to attempted landings onto a boat)
Was he successful???:| how many attempts were made?... If he did not connect with the car, how were the landings??.. and where were the landings???
If he DID connect with the car, was the plan to release his main at the 3 rings???
If so.... how did that work? If not, did the car do a sudden deacceleration??? before the main induced a sudden deacceleration on Mr. Cani.
I recall reading that Luigi Cani
had landed a really small main canopy... REALLY small. like 29 sq. feet :o:)
So i am a fan of his...
I hope it airs again. jmy:)

I saw a commercial about this episode but missed the show. Maybe it will air again.[:/]
I get the idea of matching speed with the car, and it looked like the approach would be from the side...and from the rear...( Similar to attempted landings onto a boat)
Was he successful???:| how many attempts were made?... If he did not connect with the car, how were the landings??.. and where were the landings???
If he DID connect with the car, was the plan to release his main at the 3 rings???
If so.... how did that work? If not, did the car do a sudden deacceleration??? before the main induced a sudden deacceleration on Mr. Cani.
I recall reading that Luigi Cani
had landed a really small main canopy... REALLY small. like 29 sq. feet :o:)
So i am a fan of his...
I hope it airs again. jmy:)

When he missed the car he landed on or next to the runway.

Joao Tambor took a couple spills on landing chasing him with video...destroyed a new pair of MX pants.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary