mhcook

Have you ever....?

Just admired the view during freefall? Yesterday, I had a jump plan layed out in my mind, but just as I got stable from the plane and finished a turn, I noticed how really good the day was and how cool the view is from up here. Jump plan went to the wind from there and I just did a couple of 1/4 turns to get a different perspective. Yes, stayed altitude aware through it all in case you were wondering and pulled at 4k. Pardon the newbie pink cloud. Anyone else have similar experience? let us know.

I think it was around jump 25 for me.

Jumped & just relaxed, looked around a lot, no intentional turns, just went where my eyes wanted to look.

A crisp clear day and 4000 felt like 1000 which provided a little brown skid [:/]

All in all a very relaxed dive, one that I will remember :)
it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

I have... my first jump as a licensed skydiver... I was invited in on a 4 way but passed on it so I could just relax and enjoy myself... after exiting the plane I got stable and started doing a nice slow 360 to enjoy the view, about half way thru my turn I saw I was at eye level with a rainbow. I stopped the turn and just hung out there watching it until it was time to deploy....
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

I'm a pretty hardcore RW jumper but on my 500th jump a few weeks ago, I just did a solo and watched the sunset the whole way down. When you time it just right so you can wach the sun set completely in 60 seconds of freefall, that's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. B|

Every day I jump I always try to set aside at least one for that type of jump. I don't get a rush from jumping just simply enjoy the immensity of the whole thing. Flying the wingsuit gives me more time to enjoy it.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

That's what I did on my first solo after finishing AFF :)

Me too. After the intensity of the AFF jumps I remember how relaxed and peaceful the first solo felt. I just watched the view and my alti all the way down. It was a great feeling. It was also my last solo so I won't forget it in a hurry :)