skymynci

frustrated...

The weather here is poo and although I've passed my AFF level 7 (pauses for small hurrah!!) I've only managed to get in 1 consol and that was nearly 3 weeks ago. The weather report for this weekend is super windy AGAIN and I'm getting cross now. How long can I safely leave between jumps??? I really don't want to be told I've got to retake any levels, I shall just sit down and weep!!!!! X Blue skies (PLEASE!!!)
"I don't mean to harass you, but I was very impressed with the capable and stylish manner in which you dealt with that situation. And I was thinking to myself, now this girl's special..." M Renton

Small or big dropzone?

If it is a small Cesna drop zone maybe you can convince them to put up an early bird load before the winds pick up.

Check out the SIM regarding currency for students. :ph34r:
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

i think this will apply to him.

Bpa ops manual section 5.11

11. RESTRICTIONS FOLLOWING A LAY-OFF

Where a Student or an FAI ‘A’ certificate (Red) parachutist has had a lay-off of two months or more, approval of the CCI must be obtained as to the type of descent to be made next

the only suggestion i can make Mog as shit weather is part and parcel off jumping in the UK is check the weather reports for the nearest alternate dz which i believe is chatteris or try Langer. the other thing you may want to consider is go to Spain to complete your consols. I will take it you haven't done your 10 sec delay hop and pop :)
the weather is a bitch that no one controls mate you just have to deal with it. i suppose you could go to the tunnel in bedford to keep current if you where really desperate. good Luck Mog :)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Dont know if the SIM applies in the UK. They have their own rules.

So sue me I didn't check his signature. :S He still has a great source of knowlege at his fingertips for all of the regulations and rules that applies to him, even though it isn't the sim. :D
=P

Thank you....I know I can find this stuff out for myself but had a free 5 minute whinge period at work and thought I'd vent for a while, I really appreciate it. I think what I may do is get my ass down to the DZ and learn to pack...Bedford sounds like a great idea though if we get much more of this.....No I haven't done my 'hop n pop' yet as it was suggested that I get half way through my consols first which seems like a good idea. Thanks again...ps should I mention that I'm a girl now...??? XX
"I don't mean to harass you, but I was very impressed with the capable and stylish manner in which you dealt with that situation. And I was thinking to myself, now this girl's special..." M Renton

:DMy apologies on the gender mistake
:o:D:D If only there was a emoticon for slapping ones head or a little Hommer saying DOH..........

you are a bit like me kind of remote from most dz the only thing you can do is travel. If your on your consols and can complete them anywhere. your dz could be snowed in or in the middle of a monsoon the one up the road could be jumping it s that bloody fickle :|.

but good luck for the rest of your consols:)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

whinge period

Is this accross the pond speak for a lunch break, because if it is I am totally using this around the office. :ph34r:

Best of luck getting through your student status. I remember how hard it was to sit on the ground when others were jumping. Now I have so many opportunities to jump that I sit down and just enjoy the ground when the conditions suck.
=P

Thanks....and cheers for the message..am STILL gazing out the window shaking my fist at the sky! RRRRRubbish. Oh well, fingers crossed for the weekend eh?! re: The gender issue, s'not a problem...if we had been speaking face to face i'd have slapped you mind!!! :D

...."Whinge period" thats funny??? You're weird!!...(but in a good way, honest!!) I can't wait to jump again...my flying wings are itchy!!!!

:)The joys of being a uk jumper
When i started nearly 6 years ago turned up to my uk dz(south cerney) 19 times before i did my 1st jump,on that day 16th december did 2 static line jumps.Turned up in January but again weather conditions stopped student jumps.
Not to be outdone went to Empuria in the February to do AFF,havent looked back since.
Flights to Spain very cheap and jump prices cheaper than uk.
Sometimes you can get caught out by the tramontana(very horrible localised wind,stops all jumping)but most times perfect conditions.
Best of luck.
Steve
Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!

I'd love to go to Spain but lack of holiday time and cash gets in the way! Fingers crossed the weather changes soon, particularly for the 16th Dec as thats my birthday, would love to jump then!! Happy jumping to you! X

:)Well guess you will just have to pester Tomo and keep on turning up until the weather gets better.
i guess by your profile you are training at Tomos dz(the old american airbase?)
Happy birthday for the 16th,lets hope you get to jump on your birthday and maybe even get your Alicense on that day which would be rather cool.
Lots of blue skies coming your way
SteveB|
Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!

Hi, yes it is Tomo's and Grant's DZ...cracking place, the instructors are fantastic...i love it there, everyone's so friendly...(and no, they haven't paid me to say that!!)

Thanks very much, I'll hold you to the good weather!!! XXX Blues for you too!! MOg

Hi Jerry...Its in Old Buckenham, near Norwich (Norfolk). I used to go to Hunstanton years ago as a teenager....ugh, I feel old!!![:/]

..Thanks again...ps should I mention that I'm a girl now...??? XX

I'm sorry...I just couldn't pass this up.

So you're a girl now. What were you before now?

So sorry....I have no resistance and no will power.
:D:D:D:D

I liked the Spain idea. Many Brits go there to jump as I understand.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

So sue me I didn't check his signature. :S

Very well. You will be hearing from my attourney.
I'll be seeking damages in the amount of $50,000,000.00

I don't have 50,000,000 but feel free to take over my 50,000 in school loans. :D
=P

I. Would. Answer. But. I'm. Banging. My. Head. Against. The. Wall...:P I've always been a girl. I pee sitting down and everything....!

Would love to go to Spain, have no time or money at the moment though. Rubbish.:( XX