MalcolmR

new North Pole expedition

The last time I went, in 1999, it cost the Russians around $250,000 just to set up the "ice airport" at the pole. If 100 jumpers go, that's only $2,500 each. If you want to go "cheap", you need a lot of jumpers. It is the most remote, and beautiful, place on earth, and well worth the expense. I took hundreds of jumpers on my six trips, and I don't think any of them regret it.

Sounds amazing. Maybe not this year or the next, but if they're planned a year or so in advance, and the monies are secure, as in refundable if the whole thing cancells for whatever reason, I'd look into it. Heard the South Pole is pretty too. Maybe just thinking of the Continent itself. Penguins, small fishing villages, etc... Babbling now, but sure am glad folks have the wherewithall to organize such events or opportunities.

This is to skydive onto the pole. Russians are charging $23k per jumper, with a minimum of 2 jumpers. More jumpers = less $$, which is why we need more participants.

I hate paying $24 to jump much less$23k.....
and I hate cold weather. Give me a warm and sunny beach jump insteadB|

How do ya like it Johnny?

Bill,Maybe you could organize a $2500 trip for us. [....] I'll help you promote it.:)

The stories Bill tells in Skydive Radio show #35 are a pretty good promotion for jumping at the North Pole, I think. I especially like the toilet seat story. :)

Standard disclaimer: I don't get money or other consideration from anyone who is organizing or has organized a North Pole jump.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.