dweeb

Case of beer question.

To me, that is different. Buying beer for a new DZ is not quite the same as buying beer for your A license. If you show up with beer in hand at a new DZ, you will be welcomed with open arms. If you show up with beer for your A license and say, "Well, I'll probebly get signed off today," that just smacks of cockiness. The skydiving spirits do not like cockiness.

- Dan G

I know as someone recently off student status I had to buy beer after almost every jump. Everyone at the DZ was very willing to give me directions to the neatest beer distributor. I also remember when someone at the DZ had a cutaway she had to buy a bottle of liquor for the guy who packed her reserve.

We should probably spin this off to a different thread as its off topic... but...

...due to no reserve deployment...

Ummm... If the operator fails to pull the reserve handle after a cut-away or never pulls the cut-away because of a total on the main, that's hardly the fault of the rigger that packed the reserve.

...partial deployment...

Again, if the operator attempts a reserve deployment at too low an altitude to do any good, that's hardly the fault of the rigger that packed the reserve.

...or malfunctioning reserve...

Define "malfunction"... Just because there was an attempt to deploy a reserve and it doesn't save the operator's life doesn't necissisairly mean it malfuncitoned.

One example, I once had someone whom I had packed their reserve hum it down way low trying to properly route his chest strap that he hadn't before leaving the aircraft and as he pitched his main, his Cypres fired, and he landed with two out. If it had turned into a high-speed spinning main / reserve entanglement and they "burned in"; would you say I was responsible since I packed the reserve? I think not.

My point is... A reserve is not guaranteed to save your life... let alone save your life even if mistakes or mis-use are made on part of the owner / operator.

What's the beer rule (i.e. rigger to jumper) if the cutaway to reserve procedure does not resolve . . . . ummmm . . . . to the jumper's satisfaction?

Said by someone in another forum:

***Honest-to-$DEITY heard in the Personal Equipment room of the 507th TFW, as an F-105 driver picked up a new 'chute: "If it doesn't work, bring it back and you'll get a full refund."

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

"A reserve is not guaranteed to save your life... let alone save your life even if mistakes or mis-use are made on part of the owner / operator."

On that basis--assuming no pilot error--should I hand over a bottle of liquor to my rigger for a "maybe save"? I'd buy myself the tequila for following my EPs and not dying. [:/]

ok..getting back to the thread topic...the other person that asked this didnt get an answer. I start AFF next saturday....would it be safe and not frowned upon if i brought a case to the dz and put it int he fridge till after the last load?
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Those rules really aren't fair if they apply to a boogie.

I'm gonna jump the jet and the helicopter next Sunday at Perris.

I don't think I should have to donate 2 cases of beer for that.

OK I dont drink alcohol, so these are the rules that I follow, even given the fact I wont be drinking the booze.
If it's a 1st .....(except AFF1) You Buy a CASE
Major Event .....1st Rig 100th 1000th etcc...you buy a CASE

When do you buy more than one CASE when you do more than one of these things UNLESS you do them on the same Jump, EG if you Buy a New Rig and go to a booge and Jump the Jet, and your 1st jump on your new rig happend to be the Jet you buy ONE CASE

If you jump your new Rig in the AM and Jump the Jet in the PM you buy 2CASES.

As to the Rules at boogies, off all the Boogies I've been to, MOST of the booze consumed has been provided through people Buying CASES. Some of them end up buying LOTS of Cases. Budget for it.

If you choose to not buy any cases thats cool, but DO NOT take Beers from someone elses CASE
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

ok..getting back to the thread topic...the other person that asked this didnt get an answer. I start AFF next saturday....would it be safe and not frowned upon if i brought a case to the dz and put it int he fridge till after the last load?

As discussed earlier in this thread, that is considered to be bad luck. Prebuying beer is like counting your chickens before they hatch. If the beer dist. is closed by time your done for the day then just bring one the next time you go to the DZ.

>:( Who said anything about beer rules being "fair".

If you jump the jet and a helicopter at Perris next weekend... and these are the FIRST times you've jumped a jet & helicopter... you owe two cases of beer. PAY UP!!

:P

>:( Who said anything about beer rules being "fair".

If you jump the jet and a helicopter at Perris next weekend... and these are the FIRST times you've jumped a jet & helicopter... you owe two cases of beer. PAY UP!!

:P

Or dont pay up, but make damned sure you dont touch anyone elses free beer
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?