baseknut

AFF INSTRUCTORS READ THIS

if you are from florida (somewhere near tampa) and have you aff coach rating, could you please pm me.

i am looking for aff instruction. some friends who jump have told me to look for and introduce myself to an aff instructor. i am trying to avoid those high corperation like aff prices. ive been told the old days are cheaper. ;)

thanks much,
blue skies,
jake
Step into my (sub)terminal Playground

I don't get it...you have Zhills listed as your home dz but you want to do AFF..why don't you just go there? I doubt anyone will privately give you a deal since the jumps are scheduled thru manifest and money is exchanged there and they choose which AFFI is next on the rotation. The AFFIs don't get the full amount of what you pay for each level, they get a set portion...they are also using the dz's gear and aircraft. If you're looking for bandit AFF program, I doubt you'll find one.

Good Luck anyway.

Actually there are a few private instructors even at Zhill's that will set up custom training and do programs just for one person. SkymonkeyOne is one of the first people that pop to mind here. He's got his own tandem and AFF rigs just for things like this.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Actually there are a few private instructors even at Zhill's that will set up custom training and do programs just for one person. SkymonkeyOne is one of the first people that pop to mind here. He's got his own tandem and AFF rigs just for things like this.

Is Chuck offering an AFF program at a discount? That's what it looks like the OP is seeking.

Dude, just fake up a logbook and go get on the airplane. Deception worked when you bought that BASE rig--until the seller contacted your mother and she took it away and made you return it.

If anyone is wondering, no that's not a joke.

So how many months did he get grounded for? lol
The future belongs to those of us still willing to get our hands dirty.

what i did, i am embarrassed of. and it is in the past. regardless if tom aiello knows this or not, i am on good terms NOW with those that i have wronged. i have apologized to those who who wish to be unnamed in this matter over and over again.

now that the time has come for me to get my license, i decided to look to this forum for serious and legit guidance. i believe that i have learned from my mistake and that Tom had no right to say that.

i am not sure what those who read this will think. but the intent is to say how sorry i am for what i did, and it is in the past. and also, i feel that now i am being honest and following through with my dreams, they should not be interfered with and threatened.

-baseknut
Step into my (sub)terminal Playground

The jumpers involved in your previous transaction have been contacted so they can make comments when they have a chance to see just how good of terms you are on with them. I'm not sure how happy the one person was about being out half a rig and the hassle that he went though over it to get the money back.

If you want to save a few dollars and look off DZ for instruction there is nothing wrong with that, but just be aware that all the instructors at a DZ tend to be a really close knit group and this usually results in them not undercutting each other for work. That and they let the others know how the student is doing so you can't just skip to a new one and hope to do the next level if you think that one is too hard on you.

The DZ is also going to be a second home for you, might as well start out on the right foot by supporting the DZ to keep it around for you.

If your real intention is to just BASE jump, tell your instructor that from the start, don't try to lie to them about it since it will come out in the end anyways.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Good for you - by making amends, it shows that you are trying to do the right thing.

How old are you? I mean, do you have a job, pay your own bills and stuff like that?

When I started skydiving, I worked for a living and money was tight. I had to make skydiving one of my "bills" and save up for each of my instructional jumps It took me nearly a year to complete a 7 jump AFF course just because I had to save up for each insstructonal jump.

I have never been around a DZ where you can "haggle" the cost of an instructional jump with an instructor, there are set prices by the company (DZ) just like anything else. I mean, you can't go to Visible Changes and then haggle the cost of your haircut with the stylist.

My advice, save up for each jump, be the best you can be and most of all, be honest about everything (you do in life) because dishonesty never pays off in the end. I am not in anyway implying that you are a dishonest person, this is just general advice I would give to anyone.
-
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

... ive been told the old days are cheaper. ;)

If you figure out how to go back to those old, cheap days, report back and let us know how it went.

Till then, you're probably stuck, like the rest of us, with the present days. And nothin's cheap these days.