rave4funn

jumping in the rain

QUIET! They FEEL pointy- make a jump in the rain with nothing protecting your neck and THEN tell me they aren't "pointy"! :P

I have made jumps in the rain with nothing protecting my neck.

Hurts like a bastard and I looked like a lobster.

They still aren't "pointy" :P

I am pretty sure it's just a common joke among skydivers....The only people I know that have believed it were non-jumpers.
---------------------------------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/rave4funn

A couple weeks ago we had an airplane visiting from Skydive Spaceland. The pilot offered to do a flyaway load and 5 of our jumpers decided to go. Others of us looked at the storm coming in, knowing that the plane wasn't landing here no matter what, and didn't go.

They got to 12k, someone opened the door, reached out, and showed a handful of hail to the others in the plane. People didn't look so good when they landed :-)

That was the worst!! I wish I would,ve put on a suit! It felt like I was being sandblasted w/bb's for a full minuteB| from the moment of exit my thouught where "ouch,come on 3500''and "Let me make the best of it and harrass Alex"haha!:P Live and learn.

I remember the first (and only) time i jumped through rain. It got me by surprise it really does damn hurt! Didn't have any bruising or a rash tho? For anybody that hasn't and is curious, try shooting yourself in the face with a pressure hose i imagine it feels pretty similar.

bill you bastard, I almost jumped on your back and used you as a shield>:(

thought I was bleeding when I finally got under canopy.

5-way went to shit:D robH slightly high flying on his back, robP outside but level in a weird fetal like cannonball, billM level and closing for the dock, does indeed dock and spreads my arms out into the relative RAIN. shane pulled high couldnt take it:D:Dwhat a bitch:D

3500 just couldnt come fast enough, little rain my ass, that was big assed rain drops. and a very memorable jump#99 longest 12k ever:S
just think if we would have brought it to 14 like normal:|

congrats on your 100th justin, sux me and rob missed it would have been 3 #100s on that jump welts didnt go away till monday evening:D

at least that took care of the stupidest shit I will do all month, pretty hard to top that, my arms and legs looked fuked-upB|

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

We ended up jumping through rain a few years back (bad decision) when we started getting pelted I grabbed Dewey in a side body and put my head on his rig It kept me from getting bruises but Dewey was sure pissed :D:D

You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

In that case it was probably just rain because there was no blood or bruises, however our necks and chins looked pretty damn red. The thing abou that jump and why I think it might have been ice crystals is because it wasn't raining on the ground, it was cold on the ground so it was pretty chilly at altitude and the clouds literally started at 10.5. Of course it might be those "supercooled" raindroplets. Either way, I'm glad I didn't end up like you (no offence ;))

Seen footage of a AFF jump in haestones. Both instructors got right on the back of the student till clear of the haelstones. Sorry for the poor student. BAD rash like knobs on the neck and face.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

What sucks is standing in the door on a formation load looking at the rain and ice knowing you were going to have to exit soon and KNOWING that it was going to hurt like hell and you couldn't even fly with your gloved hands over your neck because you would mess us the formation. :S

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.