sundry

Physical exercises for skydiving

I am just fully restored from a knee injury, although very active before, my old training regime hasn't been applied for a long time and i was thinking about setting up a new one more beneficial to my skydiving obsession. I heard swimming is supposed to be excellent as it balances out the body, essential for good flying.

So the question is what physical exercises do you do to keep on top of you skydiving?

So the question is what physical exercises do you do to keep on top of you skydiving?

I'm a runner, so I'm out there running all the time anyway, but what I've discovered by skydiving is that when I work hard on my core (chest, back, and most importantly, ABS, flying is easier.

Once again, having a well-conditioned core helps. It's amazing how many things a good core can fix - Back problems, leg problems, etc. Get good ab muscles and good back muscles, and life gets better.

Granted, I don't have a six-pack yet, but I'm working on it.

-Peter

Good core strength, good flexibility, reasonable cardio fitness. Anything that can increase your proprioception.

Yoga can help with the core strength, flexibility, and proprioception.

Swimming, running, or whatever you like can help the strength and cardio fitness. Just pick something you enjoy doing :)

for many jumpers it is limited to elbow exercises, bending it to get the beer to their mouth. For me it is mostly doing a desk job, so I don't use up too much energy before the weekend of skydiving.

Practice removing wallet from back pocket/purse and counting $20 bills, removing credit card or writing checks.:)

I've found off-road motorcycling to be a great way to train or simply stay in shape. You don't have to spend big bucks or even a lot of time at it, to reap substantial benefits. It's not necessary to get into motocross or enduros, even a casual trail ride will do wonders. Anyone who doesn't do it on a regular basis (even those of us that do) will find that the next morning, you'll be sore in places you never knew you had. The body english used during the ride will stretch and strengthen even the least used muscles of your body, improve cardiovascular health and can assist in losing excess weight...or help to prevent weight gain. I've been at it for more than 41 years and I get sick less often (almost never), heal more quickly and have far greater endurance than most folks my age or even younger. As opposed to most other forms of exercise, it's a blast and therefore, you'll tend to do it longer and more frequently. One downside, places to ride are being shut-off (depending on your location) and sometimes you have to load-up and travel a bit. You can usually pick up an old dirt bike pretty reasonable and a minimum of gear will get you through.

a good shaggin' before and after jumping to ease the tension and keep the adrenalin!!

;)B|

Yeah, good points but have you ever tried to get a Z-1, over an after-shag grin?!!! Damned near impossible.....without butter, a big hammer and a shoehorn!!!
"T'was ever thus."

I dunno, I know couple people who were screwed up at the begining of the season due to their winter sports.

I think the safest winter sport would have to be winter jumping. :P:D

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P