skydivex3m

how to get a job...

Hi all..

me and my buddy just graduated college in Denmark, and we want to get away from the cold and depressing weather this winther (november - march) and we wants to do something skydiving related. we currently have about 300 jumps each and 3-4 years in the sport, so we thought that a job as a packer would be the thing we are looking for. but...

how does this work? how can we get jobs that is shure to earn us enough money to make it through the four months? is it hard to find a job when you don't know anyone? and where are the buisy DZs in these months??
is there anything else we should be concerned about??

thanks..
https://icarusanddaedalusadventures.blogspot.com/

is there anything else we should be concerned about??

Work Visa.

ltdiver

You do not need a work visa to be a packer in the US, but it helps. There are lots of illegals working on DZs just like every other facet of the American economy. It is however, getting harder and harder to just hang around the US and not get noticed by the authorities in the way in and out.
Various countries have "working holiday" visas available for youths on a six or twelve month basis; ask at your local US consulate or embassy for that. Australia and NZ would also make good targets.
If you are not getting a work visa but want to come for more than three (or four, I forget) months you will likely be asked to show the resources to stay for that long. What you must be careful to avoid is to apply for a longer visa and be denied. The border service will always ask whether you have ever been denied entry; if the answer is yes you will face tedious border hassles for the rest of your life.

Work visas are a bitch to deal with, plus it is expensive. Takes a long time to get it done, too.

My company paid close to $4,000 for my work visa, and there was a mountainload of paperwork to sift through.

Good luck.
Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

Start by working at a Danish DZ, packing, loading airplanes, chasing freebags, driving students from the train station, cleaning toilets, etc.

Late in the summer, start asking about European DZst that stay open over the winter: Spain, Portugal, Greece, etc. and ask if they need similar help.

It also helps if you get a letter of recommendation from a Danish DZO.

first... in skydiving job nothing is for sure...
there are a lot of european dropzones very busy during the summer. you can email them and ask them if they need a hand.
working as a packer is a very hard job but the money are probably the best on a DZ... you have to think if working as a packer is what you really want... working 12+ hours without time for skydiving

that`s the job on a busy DZ

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

i thought about it, but watching these guys going from 8am to 9 pm non stop, ( they were in their 20's) and their asses were kicked. Doing 3 or 4 jumps a day myself I reconsidered, I would rather have a mean green after the sunset load. But then again I didnt need the $