Jim Wallace to Receive Gold Medal

From the USPA web site.

At its meeting earlier this year, the USPA Board of Directors named Jim Wallace as one of the recipients of the 2006 Gold Medal for Meritorious Service. Wallace, who started jumping in 1970, has accumulated more than 18,000 jumps and 300 hours of freefall time. Along with his wife, Gail Sims, he owns and operates the Jim Wallace Skydiving School at the Perris Valley Skydiving Center in Southern California. Wallace holds every skydiving license and rating available and teaches skydiving in all disciplines. As a member of the Screen Actor’s Guild, he’s been a stuntman in several movies, including “Point Break,” “Navy Seals” and “Terminal Velocity.” He was a member of the 1975 U.S. Team that competed at the first World Parachuting Championships of Relative Work in Warendorf, West Germany.

The handsome medal, framed in cherry wood, reads, “In recognition of almost 40 years dedicated to the skydiving community, and especially USPA, with boundless energy and enthusiasm as an instructor, demonstration jumper, U.S. Team member, and movie stuntman.” USPA President Glenn Bangs and other local skydiving dignitaries will be on hand during the POPS 120-way record attempts October 6 in Perris to make the presentation.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

Well deserved recognition. Jim's been giving back to this sport for longer than most jumpers have been alive, and he still sports a huge grin in the air.

Congrats Jim! B|

Ditto! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Makes sense - Jim's always been one of the good guys, and his dedication to excellent student instruction is a benchmark others should aspire to achieve . . .

I remember walking in from a jump once and seeing Rick Horn and Jim Wallace walking out with a level one. I couldn’t resist and said, "Come on fellows, isn't that student a bit overstaffed."

NickD :)BASE 194

Makes sense - Jim's always been one of the good guys, and his dedication to excellent student instruction is a benchmark others should aspire to achieve . . .

I remember walking in from a jump once and seeing Rick Horn and Jim Wallace walking out with a level one. I couldn’t resist and said, "Come on fellows, isn't that student a bit overstaffed."

NickD :)BASE 194

maybe the student needed it =D
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

Very cool and very well deserved. B|

Jumped with Jim just last Sunday and he indeed had a grin the whole way down. It was truly amazing his comment once we landed..."That was the most awesome dive ever!" :)
This next Sunday he's heading up the PRO jump to start the NASCAR race at the California Speedway. Awe inspiring as he brings in one of the largest American Flags I've ever seen. :)
And he's still going strong. More than 19,000 jumps to date now.

Congratulations, Jim! :D

Jim Wallace Skydiving

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon