buzi

Who sold me sabre 190 all red

I am not sure if I should be putting this in the gear forum, but I think more people would read it here. I want to sell my sabre1 190 all red with yellow stabilizers; and I can't remember how many jumps were on it when I bought it. So if you sold your used canopy to Dave in Toronto, please let me know.
Blue Skies,
Dave

A good little method that works for me is to look inside the canopy and see how much ware and tare is going on with the cross ports.. If they are like new you can expect anywhere between zero to two hundred or so jumps. If the material is coming off then estimated five hundred and/ or more jumps.
Of course you may never tell how much sun light the canopy has been exposed to unless you can feel the taring,.....
Also measuring the lines can help but would not reply on that data as much based on many factors.
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

Don't you know that they take away moderators humor in exchange for the key to the executive bathroom? :D:P

As for the OP, I am pretty amazed you can't remember who sold you your canopy! How many canopies have you been buying!

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I am pretty amazed you can't remember who sold you your canopy! How many canopies have you been buying!

No shit, I have twenty something rigs and I know the names of the people that sold them to me for all but 2 of them. I am sure if I dug long enough I would find them.

Hey Buzi,

Another option to go by is to have your rigger/dealer or the manufacturer of the canopy do an inspection and then describe the canopy based on condition.

Jump numbers can give you a good baseline to go by, but 500 jumps at a nice grassy DZ in Pennsylvania are a whole another animal when compared to 500 jumps on a canopy in Eloy or Perris.

Good luck selling - I like red canopies :)

Blue ones,
Kolla
Blue Skies Magazine

They are all airworthy and get jumped frequently. My profile is a little out of date.

Why buy so many, to preserve the history of the sport of course. It is not going to be long before there are going to be very few of us around with any knowledge of this stuff. That would be a shame to lose all of that.

I guess I should have hunted through my email a little more, I found the name of the guy. So thanks anyways. BTW the canapoy only has three jumps on it (including my 150). WOW! and it is only five years old manufactured in 92, double WOW!

Well, well in Canada we count a little different. Kinda like the way we spell, color vs. colour. I was just having a little fun with the math, sorry to throw anyone of.;)

Cool, just make sure to put a "Canadian Math" disclaimer at the end of your ad when selling :P

edit: you're from Toronto eh? where do you jump? U done for the season, or jumping all through the winter?