Zeppo

Aircraft Lease

I have heard that there are a few individuals around the US that own and lease out almost all the jump aircraft used for skydiving.

Is it possible for someone to PM me their contact information.

Thanks.
What goes up, must come DOWN!!!

Your main options for summer leases include:

Fayard Ent- CASA. Otters, King Air
SkyDive Arizona - Otters, Skyvan
Skydive Perris - Otters, Skyvan
Skydive Crosskeys - Otter, Caravans
Skydive Deland - Otter, Skyvan, Pac
Skydive Spaceland - Otters
Ray Farrell - US dealer for PAC's
Skydive Chicago - Otter

There is also a company out of Oregan that leases Caravans that might be worth getting the contact info on.

The actual list of avaible planes varys depending on their preleased agreements and their own needs. Hope you find a plane to meet your needs. :)

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

also, if you are looking for weekend only jump plane, talking to local cargo carriers would be a good option. Lots of Caravans out there that may be sitting around on weekends.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

During weekends, they are trying to catch up on scheduled maintenance.

Do those planes operate under the same FAA classification?

Definitely Part 91, maybe even Part 135.

Most jump planes and cargo carriers operate under Part 91, unscheduled.

Part 91 allows "flexible" maintenance schedules (i.e. operating engines "on condition" well past TBO).
Since Part 135 includes scheduled passenger operations, component replacement schedules are tighter.
Mind you, if you are operating a large fleet of similar airplanes, it is nice to be able to plan a year or two ahead for replacing expensive components like engines.

Do those planes operate under the same FAA classification?

Definitely Part 91, maybe even Part 135.

Most jump planes and cargo carriers operate under Part 91, unscheduled.

Part 91 allows "flexible" maintenance schedules (i.e. operating engines "on condition" well past TBO).
Since Part 135 includes scheduled passenger operations, component replacement schedules are tighter.
Mind you, if you are operating a large fleet of similar airplanes, it is nice to be able to plan a year or two ahead for replacing expensive components like engines.

Except the OP is in Ontario so the cargo planes in the area are unlikely to registered with the FAA at all.

it seems to me that LOTS of places are "looking for a plane"...

and it also seems that " only a Few Aircraft Owners Have them"....

I bet the owners might be good and tired of having every DZ within 1000 miles calling to get a plane,,, as though that's all it takes...:|

My guess is that the OWNERS can easily place a plane, either long term or short term, By making one or two phone calls THEMSELVES...
IF they want that.....

Not sure how many of them are sitting there, thinking....
OH man... I wish some one would CALL so that I can make some $$$$ with this plane...
having their names listed, as though they are
a real possibility,,, seems to me to be an intrusion, by well meaning posters... resulting in many many unwanted contacts...of said aircraft owners...It could get to be a pain in the ass to have to say NO about 20 or 30 times a week.....

it's a supply and demand situation,,,
and the supply is far below the demand...

factor in the logistics, uncertainty of volume, distances from owners' location to renters location,,,( i e costs involved for ferrying ) various unimproved runways and taxi ways, that some DZs operate from.... and it's easy to see why owners might be hesitant to send One million $$$$$ aircraft.. all over the place.....
kinda sad.. but that's the way it is...
i do not mean to rain on your parade, but this could be a real challenge

good luck
P S... if you do find one,,, consider yourself VERY fortunate...

jmy

Not sure how many of them are sitting there, thinking....
OH man... I wish some one would CALL so that I can make some $$$$ with this plane...

I think you might be surprised Jimmy..;)

If you call...and can meet their $ terms, many are quite willing to supply you with an aircraft.

It's the 'meeting the $ terms' that gets sticky...:ph34r:

If you think you will get an otter for 1/2 dozen loads a day per weekend you'll quickly find out what SOL means.;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You'd probally be surprized at how much a plane owner wants to hedge their bets on leasing a plane out. I know at least 1 that wants to have enough demand for it that if the primary lease backs out at any point (too slow for a Otter, money issues, airport under construction, etc) that they can move the plane and put it into operation at another DZ at any time.

I forgot to mention to contact the Ranch also. They have a fleet of Otters and they may be the closest for ferrying.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

If you think you will get an otter for 1/2 dozen loads a day per weekend you'll quickly find out what SOL means.;)

I've worked retail and know the answer.

Sold out lately.B|

(it was a family run store);)
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Geez reading this thread makes it sound like there are tons of planes out there for lease. Try to actually lease one and see how many are out there. A lot of the owners mentioned here would rather let their planes sit as backups for the summer than fly on weekends at another DZ.

Dave

I have heard that there are a few individuals around the US that own and lease out almost all the jump aircraft used for skydiving.

Is it possible for someone to PM me their contact information.

Thanks.

Short answer is that you're shit out of luck. There aren't any planes available for summer leases. If you need something for a special event for like a week, or a weekend, you might have better luck.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka