PLFXpert

Jeb Corliss to Demonstrate Live on Today Show Tomorrow

Okay, I have to ask. Is anyone jumping a chute even CLOSE to as small as Luigi? And, does that name make you think of Mario whenever you hear it.....?

Just a thought....

;)

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

I realize that there are people who jump canopies in the 90-100 square foot range, but a 37 is waaaaaaay smaller. I'm assuming he's an amazing canopy pilot- and he still had to run out that canopy at a very high speed. Incredible.
Guess there really was no point, I was just trying to wrap my mind around someone jumping something that small and that fast.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

Here's Luigi Cani landing his hankerchief -

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=12586790595&oid=4646796972

edit-just rrealised you can't view that unless logged into facebook.. whaddya mean you don't have a facebook account?! Here's slightly less impressive landing but good aerial shit from skydiving moves..
http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=1584&string=luigi

if you have trouble wrapping your head around that, how do you feel about Jeb 'don't need no parachute' Corliss?!?
but what do I know

Is this the first live coverage of a jump (during the actual fall) on national TV?

I know there were jumps during the X-Games (X-Trials?) a few years ago, but I don't recall any of the jumpers talking during the actual jumps, or a live camera following them for their jump.
T.I.N.S.

Is this the first live coverage of a jump (during the actual fall) on national TV?

Nope. Check post #90

Yes. It was stated that there has been live video feed from freefall before, but it doesnt tell if they were communicating with people on the ground at the same time..

Nope. Check post #90

Yes. It was stated that there has been live video feed from freefall before, but it doesnt tell if they were communicating with people on the ground at the same time..

While I'm not sure if it was the first time, there was air to ground audio and video on an Airspeed 8 way at Perris for the 2004 or 2005 Nationals.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Nope. Check post #90

While I'm not sure if it was the first time, there was air to ground audio and video on an Airspeed 8 way at Perris for the 2004 or 2005 Nationals.

And this was live on national TV ?

They also trimmed Luigi's canopy. Instead of using front riser locks, they used a pair of scissors, and trimmed about 40 sq. feet of material from the canopy.

:D:D

Seriously, though, just out of curiosity, are we sure it's the VX-37 Luigi was flying, or was it the VX-39?

I've seen him jump the 39 a few times out at Perris, and I followed the recent big publicity of him landing the 37...just curious if he's confident enough after landing the 37 a few weeks back to have 'downsized' to it on a regular basis already...

Anybody know if we can expect to see a VX-39 popping up in the classifieds sometime soon? :P
Signatures are the new black.

The 37 is a JVX, a different canopy design than the VX.

I'd still be interested to see them laid out on top of one another.

Ah, okay. I'm nowhere near that sort of high-performance canopy flight, so I haven't kept up on the differences in high-performance designs.

Back to the question, though, so can you tell from the vid if it's the JVX-37 or the VX-39 he's flying now? Or does anyone know?
Signatures are the new black.

My wife and I own Skydive Air Adventures, where Jeb and Luigi made the "Today Show" jump. Let me first say that it was our pleasure and honor to be the host D.Z. but more than that it was truly and honor to be in the company of Jeb and Luigi. These two are truly an asset to our sport, what they both have been able to accomplish through their hard work and intestinal fortitude should be admired by all.
Luigi did jump the JVX-37 and it was truly amazing watching him land, he made several practice jumps for the several days he was at our D.Z. I am a fan of both, and wish them success.