peanutgallery

How do you feel about people bring their dogs to the dz?

I suppose we each could repeat ourselves a few more times.
OK, I'm done.

FYI, Andy (popsjumper) jumps at Skydive The Farm - a dz where dogs are welcome ;)

There are other alternatives in the area, but he stays here (and I'm glad) so it can't be that bad for him.

Grumpy old bastard :ph34r::D:ph34r::D

He's just grumpy because the dogs create more clean-up work for him. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Your dog can not be held up as the norm. The average skydiver has very little control over their dogs or their kids.

I am old school. A drop zone is an adult’s playground. If I wanted to be entertained by people’s dogs I would go to a dog show. If I wanted to watch kids do all the funny shit kids do I would go to a day care center. Drop zones are for skydiving and skydivers. Kids and dogs do not belong at DZ’s anymore than they belong in a bar shooting pool.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Kids and dogs do not belong at DZ’s anymore than they belong in a bar shooting pool.

How did you know my dog shoots pool?:P;)B|

Stay safe and be well MichaelB|

She probably has her own stick. :)
Sparky

Yeah but...is she any good at darts?! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Your dog can not be held up as the norm. The average skydiver has very little control over their dogs or their kids.

I am old school. A drop zone is an adult’s playground. If I wanted to be entertained by people’s dogs I would go to a dog show. If I wanted to watch kids do all the funny shit kids do I would go to a day care center. Drop zones are for skydiving and skydivers. Kids and dogs do not belong at DZ’s anymore than they belong in a bar shooting pool.

Sparky

That is funny i did not see kids in the OP. I have 3 kids and they are always welcomed at the DZ. And if they were not i would not be there. When you mention kids you should say "some" not "kids should not be in my way. Unless it is your DZ you dont have a damn say so!!!! I promise my DZ maniger does not mind my kids/money! Yes kids/dogs should be behaving and stay out of the way, but if they are not in the way or in the landing area then what is your problem????
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I have 3 kids and they are always welcomed at the DZ.

You choose to have kids I did not. I do not own a dz but I did state my opinion. I have seen kids cut canopy lines with a hook knife and watched dogs piss on canopies. Kids and dogs do not understand what is going on at a dz and they do things not because they are bad but because their parents/owner can’t watch them every minute. Not everyone finds other people’s kid and dogs cute or entertaining.

I am not trying to start a pissing contest, it’s just my opinion.

Sparky

My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I jump at Chicagoland Skydiving Center (CSC). I bring my dog when my wife comes out to with me. That way, we can share supervision.

CSC allows well behaved dogs to stay. Poorly behaved dogs are asked to leave, but this happens infrequently.

My dog is extremely well behaved, so much that we often allow him off-leash at the DZ. He never goes far, will not go through a gate without me, nor will he enter a building (packing area) without me. He often hangs out right in front of the packing hanger, but does not enter it. He seems to have a very well defined understanding of boundaries. He is closely supervised at all times.

My wife and I are the only dog owners that regularly allows the dog off leash. The other owners do not trust their dog like we do. I don't blame them, I don't trust their dogs, either.

We accept any financial risk caused by our dog. So far so good.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

We traveled for 2 years on tour with our dogs...some DZs allowed them...some didn't. If it came down to choosing between 2 DZs, we went to the dog friendly one. Even though we had a sleeper semi with AC, we still like to be able to give them time out of the rig. Here is Daisy (RIP) at Skydive Monroe, (also RIP), she was well trained and smart, and would "ask" to come into the hanger. I miss her. [:/]

.. Here is Daisy (RIP) at Skydive Monroe, (also RIP), she was well trained and smart, and would "ask" to come into the hanger. I miss her. [:/]

Hey! I remember that dog at Monroe! One of the good ones, I must say. That look, "can I come in?" was awesome.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Grumpy old bastard :ph34r::D:ph34r::D

He's just grumpy because the dogs create more clean-up work for him. :D

Billy:
:D:D
I DON'T do dogshit...that was made clear from the very start over two years ago.

Mike:
Unwad your panties, guy. The thread is about dogs in general, not just your dog.

Funny how the owners of the asshole dogs don't post saying anything like, "My dog's an asshole."

Ian:
Yes, Ian...I like yours...except when she is running around the canopies.

To All:
The Farm is dog- and kid-friendly. Come on down.

Unwad your panties, guy. The thread is about dogs in general, not just your dog.

My mistake, the word "All" in your post confused me as it must mean something different in Georgia than here on earth.:P;)

Stay safe and be wellB|
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

You choose to have kids I did not. I do not own a dz but I did state my opinion. I have seen kids cut canopy lines with a hook knife and watched dogs piss on canopies. Kids and dogs do not understand what is going on at a dz and they do things not because they are bad but because their parents/owner can’t watch them every minute. Not everyone finds other people’s kid and dogs cute or entertaining.

FWIW, we have both kids and dogs, and I share Sparky's opinion.

When our kids were little, we tried to find restaurants, entertainment, etc. that were kid-friendly. When they were screamer-age, we didn't take them to movie theaters (except for kiddie cartoons) because that would be unfair to the other patrons. And we never took them into adult places like bars (even where allowed) where other patrons would feel that they had to watch their language & conduct just because there were kids around.

When we travel, we try to find motels that are dog-friendly. But if I'll be going to DZ's along the way, we get a dog-sitter, or board them, or I visit the DZ alone. As a matter of courtesy, we don't want even the possibility that our dogs might be a problem to a jumper.

One more thing: I laid off jumping while my kids were little; but even if I hadn't, I still wouldn't have taken them to the DZ. Incidents can happen at any DZ at any time. I think it would be very traumatic to a kid to be there when a bad one occurred, especially if it happened to one of the kid's parents. IMO, that right there is what makes every DZ, even a family-friendly one, an adults-only kind of place.

FWIW, we have both kids and dogs, and I share Sparky's opinion.

When our kids were little, we tried to find restaurants, entertainment, etc. that were kid-friendly. When they were screamer-age, we didn't take them to movie theaters (except for kiddie cartoons) because that would be unfair to the other patrons. And we never took them into adult places like bars (even where allowed) where other patrons would feel that they had to watch their language & conduct just because there were kids around.

When we travel, we try to find motels that are dog-friendly. But if I'll be going to DZ's along the way, we get a dog-sitter, or board them, or I visit the DZ alone. As a matter of courtesy, we don't want even the possibility that our dogs might be a problem to a jumper.

One more thing: I laid off jumping while my kids were little; but even if I hadn't, I still wouldn't have taken them to the DZ. Incidents can happen at any DZ at any time. I think it would be very traumatic to a kid to be there when a bad one occurred, especially if it happened to one of the kid's parents. IMO, that right there is what makes every DZ, even a family-friendly one, an adults-only kind of place.

I also have dogs that i would never take to the DZ, but that is becuase they are to stupid. I dont trust them that much. But there are dogs at the DZ that i dont mind one bit. But my kids know how to act. My kids are not hoodlems (like alot are these days). They are not alowed inthe packing/landing/or any where else that gear is. They either stay in the cafe or sit in the grass and watch people land. I would hate for them to see an incedent, but they can see that anywere in life. Shit does happen. Yes i know they are more likely to see something at the DZ. My wife do not even go that much, but if they are not welcome then neither am I.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

[ . We have a sign that says that dogs are welcome but kids must be on a leash. ;)

As it should be.

"Any children left playing unattended in this area will be given a double espresso and a puppy"
Liquor in the front, Poker in the rear

First I'd like to say that I love dogs. That being said, there are some reasons that they do not belong at the DZ.

First: Dogs pee. It's a fact. I don't want to be packing my rig out on our grass and find out that I was laying on your dog's piss. It's gross and I'm sure it doesn't help prolong the life of my rig.

Secondly: If you don't keep your dog on a leash, chances are it's running around over peoples canopies, lines, and containers. It's happened to me several times. Be it claws or slobber, my equipment is too expensive to accommodate your dog. Leave it at home.

My mistake, the word "All" in your post confused me as it must mean something different in Georgia than here on earth.:P;)

Stay safe and be wellB|

Well, since I have to explain it....Yes. The word "all" includes, in this case, more than just your dog. What state is Earth in and how long have you been living there?
Oh, my bad, you must be stuck in the backwoods side of town. That explains it.

Do you have more relevant commentary on dogs in general instead of just your dog?

BTW...nice use of :P and ;) to indicate unwadded panties. Smooth.