aerialfx

More fun in Africa

well, I'm a slow learner and I never did learn how to make a clicky thing. So I tried. I failed. I deleted. I was mostly experimenting and even if I had been successful I would have deleted because I already posted the link in an earlier post. So, I was trying to each myself something. The first post in which I did not make a clicky was for a fake ad for the "swooptrainer. It reminded me of one of the photos you posted (#0191)

Aside from that, don't we know each other? From DeLand, maybe 1990-93 or so?

No worries Dude - I forgot to put the smiley :) . DeLand in the 90's ? maybe I cant remember but its possible. Last time I was that side was 98 for the Crew Worlds - SAffers run the place anyway.. ;)

Blue Skies
G

---------------------------------
www.skydiverustenburg.co.za
www.skydiveqatar.com

Very cool stuff. What is going on with the toggles? At first I was like WTF 2 rear risers per side but I traced the lines up to the tail. It looks like a piece of webbing that goes from the steering lines to the risers. Never seen that before.

-Michael

Triple Risers - skydiving's best kept secret ;) You like them or hate them but once you used to it you'll never look back...

G
www.skydiveqatar.com

No, you didn't come across as >:( at all. I saw it as like when the teacher in a class calls on the kid in the back who had his hand up but was just yawning or stretching. "Yes, Kim, what's the answer?" "Wha...? Who, me...? No, I was just... What was the question?" So no apologies needed.

ya know... when i see headings like "fun in africa", i don't expect the photos to be tagged with places like parys and welkom ;):P

How about groblersdal ;) workers day demos and they call this work...
G
www.skydiveqatar.com

lol.. i don't even know where groblersdal is!!! I do like the idea of workers' day demos though.. so much more interesting than the 'normal' stuff...

I went to boarding school in Groblersdal. At the time they had a station, complete with platform, but no railway tracks:o.
While I was there the town had its first traffic lights installed - an airshow like this would've blown those farmers' minds back then!

OK you shamed me into looking it up on a map!! closest i've been is belfast/machadodorp area... on the way to DULLstroom once, and barberton etc for a some paragliding....

i remember nieu bethesda when they still had those old yellow stop signs, and vegetables were growing in some of the streets :)

Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

and vegetables were growing in some of the streets :)

I think they now walk the streets... :P - hope nobody from Groblersdal reads this or my next trip there will be interesting ;)

G
www.skydiveqatar.com