millertime24

My new canopy!!!

So I just ordered my new canopy from PD yesterday!!! Its a Sabre2 190 which, at this elevation (4200' msl), should be plenty zippy for me and still provide me with good flare and landings. Ill be loading this thing at about 1.1. The color scheme is the exact same as in the attached photo minus the PD logo and the fact that mines a Sabre2 and not a Spinletto. Im so stoked about this thing too bad you have to wait 10-12 weeks to get it. But it will be like Christmas when it gets here!!!B|B|
Muff #5048

The new 180 day repack cycle has pissed off the packers who want to cash in even though they dont pack reserves. So unfortunately brand new canopy packing prices have gone up.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

So I just ordered my new canopy from PD yesterday!!! Its a Sabre2 190 which, at this elevation (4200' msl), should be plenty zippy for me and still provide me with good flare and landings. Ill be loading this thing at about 1.1. The color scheme is the exact same as in the attached photo minus the PD logo and the fact that mines a Sabre2 and not a Silhouette. Im so stoked about this thing too bad you have to wait 10-12 weeks to get it. But it will be like Christmas when it gets here!!!B|B|

Fixed it for ya. ;)
The best things in life are dangerous.

Well thats kind of a pain in the ass. Ive packed brand-spankin'-new canopies before and jumped them it just take me like twice as long to do it. Oh well.[:/] Still Im not paying more than about 7ish bucks for a pack job. Its not THAT damn hard.

On another note, I dont see what PACKERS are bitching about with the 120 day thing. Its not like they are master riggers or anything (well some are). I think if you can pack 3 rigs per hour at 7 bucks a rig then thats 21 bucks an hour non taxable. That isnt bad money.

Muff #5048

So I just ordered my new canopy from PD yesterday!!! Its a Sabre2 190 which, at this elevation (4200' msl), should be plenty zippy for me and still provide me with good flare and landings. Ill be loading this thing at about 1.1. The color scheme is the exact same as in the attached photo minus the PD logo and the fact that mines a Sabre2 and not a Silhouette. Im so stoked about this thing too bad you have to wait 10-12 weeks to get it. But it will be like Christmas when it gets here!!!B|B|

Fixed it for ya. ;)

Your attention to detail never ceaces to amaze me. I guess thats why they let you fly the planes and let me shoot the x-rays.:P
Muff #5048

I was joking, packers are still scum who get nothing :D

And all this time I thought free jumps were something. :|
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

21 bucks an hour non taxable.

It isn't non-taxable. It's taxable income, and it's supposed to be declared on your income tax return. If you don't pay income tax on it, you're violating federal and state criminal law.

I realize many people don't declare it, and that it's unlikely to be discovered. But that doesn't make it legal; it just makes it easy.

I'm not moralizing; just giving the technical facts.

Yeah, I know: Fuckin' lawyers - always the buzz-kill.

So by that line of reasoning if I install a car sterio fo my friend and he gives me 100 bucks for doing it then I, by law, am required to claim that as taxable income?:S

Ive seen MANY a jumper who have their one favored packer and will go to them every time and give them cash at the end of the day for services rendered. Unless I didnt have an actual job (with w-2's and the like) then hell no I wouldnt claim it.

Muff #5048

So by that line of reasoning if I install a car sterio fo my friend and he gives me 100 bucks for doing it then I, by law, am required to claim that as taxable income?:S

It's not a "line of reasoning", it's a fact; and the technically correct answer is "Yes."
Wages are taxable, tips are taxable, off-the-books income is taxable, other income is taxable - hell, technically even barter is taxable.

Really, I'm not advocating or condemning anything; I'm just the messenger on what the legal status actually is. By all means, petition your Congressman to amend the Tax Code; I'll be right there cheering you on.

All income from whatever source derived.
Even relief of debt is a taxable event.
For example; a home foreclosure.
If you owe 200K on it and they sell it for 150K; you owe taxes on the 50K difference and you will receive a 1099-C.

How cool is THAT?!?!?!?
So, if you couldn't make the house payments, then surely you can make the tax payments, right? :S

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=174034,00.html

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I'm a packer but I don't have a clue how I could make money on reserve pack jobs. How do you do that? I need more jumping money;)

Arrange for a commission from your local rigger who raised his rates to accomodate the 180 day cycle. Thenn use your position as a packer to ensure he gets to see every rig at least every 120 days. :ph34r:

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)