PeregrineFalcon

Highest Altitude?

Good chamber story. I did mine on a civilian day at Andrews AFB in US. They said in prior weeks, two smartasses had decided to have lots of cola and beans prior to the chamber day to have the best gas of their lives. Result was that both had to be taken to hospital.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

30,000 on HALO at Skydance in California. About 45 minutes to height in PAC750 and -37C out the door. Got 2mins 35secs of freefall.

IF curious what this does for you alti & audibles. ALtimaster Galaxy pegged on exactly 18K and didn't come unstuck until falling back through that altitude (I had extra digital alti) and my L&B ProTrack got confused and logged the jump as two dives??

My Neptune read fine on the jump and the logs seemed valid. I do have the extra glass shield on it and the darn thing got pretty foggy going through temperature layers!

[I landed in the grass close by our hangar only to see our pain in the ass airport manager running toward me. Admittedly, he had caught me making bandit jumps here before. But before, he could open his mouth I said, "Calm down, this time it really was an emergency!"

My boss landed without issue and we fixed the oil line while of course blaming each other for screwing it up in the first place.

So the joke around the shop for a awhile was poor Art Linkletter, nether one of his children could fly worth a damn. . .

NickD :)

Nick, you are a wild child.

B|Great story, Thanks!B|

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

22k, just off the coast of Arecibo, Puerto Rico, with flock of 5 or so wingsuiters...

We were off shore about a mile, flew another mile with the plane, then turned around and blasted it back to the beach. Beautiful view.

(In retrospect, it wasn't the smartest thing to do, in case, e.g., someone lost a bootie...) :S

Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Has anyone tried to sit-fly at heights aorund 30K? It went through my mind, but I thought better not as it might undo some of the hoses from the regulator on my chest strap.

Photo attached (taken around 27K by I believe Ralph Stinson).
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

[I landed in the grass close by our hangar only to see our pain in the ass airport manager running toward me. Admittedly, he had caught me making bandit jumps here before. But before, he could open his mouth I said, "Calm down, this time it really was an emergency!"

My boss landed without issue and we fixed the oil line while of course blaming each other for screwing it up in the first place.

So the joke around the shop for a awhile was poor Art Linkletter, nether one of his children could fly worth a damn. . .

NickD :)

Nick, you are a wild child.

B|Great story, Thanks!B|

Im just starting to discover that NickD has a lot of really awesome stories.