airdvr

Falcon and Eagle Awards

It was a good while back! I wish I would have sent in for mine before they got rid of them. Oh well, the moral of the story is send in for your awards. I finally sent in for my wings and hours badges...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Late 2005 I believe?

I was sorry to see them go. In the big scheme of things, USPA's reasoning for eliminating them didn't make sense.

We did have the opportunity for input but the apathetic buttheads that we are, very few had anything to say and many of those that did provide input apparently failed to see the value and/or had no personal interest in them (it doesn't affect ME, so get rid of them).
>:(

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I need educating...what are the falcon and eagle awards?

RW accomplishment awards.

Falcon/Double Falcon were 4-way awards. The Falcon was for a formation that turned at least four points; the Double was at least eight.

Eagle/Double Eagle were 8-way awards. The Eagle was for a formation that turned at least two points; the Double was at least four.

Edited for clarity.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

In the big scheme of things, USPA's reasoning for eliminating them didn't make sense.

$$$$ It makes sense to USPA.

What has USPA done for you lately?
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

These are mine:
Falcon 3703
Double Falcon 2103
Eagle 1852
Double Eagle 1197
Silver Falcon 299
Golden Eagle 157

Yeah I was an awards freak, grabbing every number I could get. :D Not only those but also all three crw daytime numbers, I still lack the night jump crw numbers. Don't think I will ever get those anyway since I've sworn off night jumps forever.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They used to be on your membership card. I checked mine and they are listed on my 2000 card and not on my 2001 card. my numbers are Falcon 698, Double Falcon 487, Eagle 308, Silver Falcon 258, and Golden Eagle 124. I must have missed sending in for the Double Eagle somwhere. Most jumpers thought it was just a way for USPA to make money.

Cool...
Some of us like Brownie buttons and some of us don't.
Mine are:
Falcon 2051
Double Falcon 1082
Eagle 1216
Double Eagle 760
Silver Falcon 255
Golden Eagle 116
This stuff (skydiving) is WAY too dangerous, if you can't get drunk and brag about it, it's just not worth it. ;)

While I got some of them, even at the time I didn't really see much of a reason for them to exist. Although if they had taken off I might have changed my mind. The SCR family of awards has more historical cachet, and seems to be somewhat active, and for some reason I feel cooler writing them down. But anything that makes me feel cool must be bogus anyway, because I'm not cool.

Jeff

Falcon #77
Double Falcon #58
Eagle #32

SCR-3442
NSCR-695
SCS-2112

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

I was disapointed that USPA discontinued these "awards" for the simple fact that there are NO "awards" that lower number jumpers can qualify for. Any 50 jump wonder could get a Falcon or Eagle if they applied themselves, now you have to have 1000 jumps to get any kind of recognition from USPA as far as "awards" go.
It would be nice (and maybe help membership retention) if USPA would come up with some kind of award that applied to sub-1000# jumpers IMHO.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...