adrenaline_eri7

glasses and skydiving

hey...i want to get the PRK surgery done, so i have to wear glasses ...ick.
in the mean time, i wanna do a freefall.

i know this is stupid, but would i be able to wear my glasses?

Absolutely. They make "Over the Glasses" goggles that work quite nicely and whatever dz you go to should have 1 or 2 pairs of them for you to use.

Here's the ones I usually use.
Muff #5048

Anyone have any experience freeflying in these googles? I want to have the surgery as well, but i have to clear up my GPC first which means at least 3 months of glasses :|

"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Anyone have any experience freeflying in these googles? I want to have the surgery as well, but i have to clear up my GPC first which means at least 3 months of glasses :|

I have ALL of the above
I wear scripted Wrapp Sunglasses most of the time, but i also have scripted goggles (from SportRx.com) as well as over goggles (Flexz)
Find what suits you best
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I did my first tandem the other weekend and I wear glasses, They had a pair of over the glasses goggles and didn't have any problems.

They're fine for belly flying, but for freeflying, not so much.

ibeg to differ, proper fitting overgoggles have never been an issue for me in either sit (no air flow on them) or in head-down
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

ibeg to differ, proper fitting overgoggles have never been an issue for me in either sit (no air flow on them) or in head-down

I guess I don't have mad crazy "keep my big chunky goggles out of the relative wind" skills. I'll get there some day. In the meantime, lower profile works better, in my opinion.

I also don't like my glasses squished into my face. The nose pad brackets are easily bent, causing them to get fatigued sooner.

I also don't like my glasses squished into my face. The nose pad brackets are easily bent, causing them to get fatigued sooner.

buy better specs:D:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I wear spectacles on every jump.

I recently bought a Bonehead Havoc helmet as it is "glasses friendly".

Got the same one and it works for me.

YMMV

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

If your glasses are being squished into your face, your goggles don't fit properly. Try something different.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Get the over-the-glasses goggles provided by the DZ. All those suggestions about buying Rx stuff and other specialty stuff is a waste of money for you at this point. It's just skydivers talking amongst themselves and not considering your specific situation.

However, you may want to consider those things if you decide to continue skydiving on a long-term basis.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The over the glasses goggles work just fine.If and when you decide to pursues this as a full-time sport and are serious,then you may want to consider script goggles.If you don't have the surgery fist.
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

As far as tandemsgo the Al Borland "Tool Time " goggles suck. They usually have a useless elastic band with 10 knota in it to tighten them. I would try to talk someone into regular goggles if at all possible. They would spend most of their jump holding them on. I have been wearing goggles over glasses for 41 years. the first few with ski goggles. but if yours get wrecked or lost in August your out of luck. I brought a pair of Croops into 4 glasses stores in my mall before I found some frames that would fit nice under them. I would never see those people again and it suited the purpose so embarassment didnt matter. If you got on board to jump and something got lost or broken the chances tha pilot has Al Borlands is almost impossible

If your glasses are being squished into your face, your goggles don't fit properly. Try something different.

Or, avoid the Linda Richman glasses.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

First, I wear small glasses, which are pretty much the style anyway. Goggles that fit over glasses, especially small glasses, are easy to find and only cost about $19. I just bought my second pair of goggles in five years, and only because the first pair was finally starting to crack.

For backup, I also put a "leash" on my glasses. I just don't want to lose them, because I can't drive home without them.

I've experimented with some full face helmets on the ground and so far haven't found one I can put on or take off without removing my glasses first. But I've heard there are some full face models out there that will allow that.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I've experimented with some full face helmets on the ground and so far haven't found one I can put on or take off without removing my glasses first. But I've heard there are some full face models out there that will allow that.

Why can't you take them off for fullface lids?
I wear a cat strap on my Sunglasses when using an openface, but take it off for my Oxygn, and put the glasses on when the lid is on. If i lose my helmet in freefall it's VERY unlikely my glasses will stay on regardless of a leash.
The glasses are no issue to put on with the full face, (flip up visor) and there are quite a few types out there now.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?