hcsvader

Drop-Zone Brats

How many of you are second generation skydivers?

Isn't jumping with your parents the coolest thing ever!

Isn't hearing stories about the stupid shit they did when they were your age even better yet.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I can only imagine, and am looking forward to it from the other side of that equation spectrum now this season, as my 18 year old son starts his AFF this spring with me! :)
So, yer saying I either should, or should not inform him of all the stupid sh** I've done before him? :)

Great to hear this from your perspective as well.
Blue Skies!
-Grant

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Watched a friend of mine go through AFF this past weekend whose parents had made a number of static line jumps back in the 70's. They had gotten out of the sport before getting too into it, so she wasn't exactly a 'DZ Brat' - but damn, it sure was cool to see them all together when they showed up at the DZ to watch her jump.

She's got about 6 hours of tunnel time, so she made 4 AFF jumps in a day and passed all of them. Gives new meaning to 'chip off the old block,' I guess. :D

Signatures are the new black.

Isn't hearing stories about the stupid shit they did when they were your age even better yet.

My wife and I had the pleasure of taking both of our kids on AFF 1 and other jumps along the way. I now enjoy it immensely when manifest assigns me to video my son when he does AFF - as an Instructor.

Too cool.B|
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Not exactly a second generation skydiver, since my father and I started together. I certainly agree that jumps with your parents are very cool. I have a lot of really cool jumps I have been on, but the best ones in the log book say "2-way with Dad."
John
Arizona Hiking Trails

My dad is why I'm in this sport. He is a D licensed jumpmaster, and was a jumpmaster for the army at Bragg back in the 90's. I hope he gets back in to the sport, He would like to do Crew, and I think it would be a blast to lose shoes together
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

I'm a 3rd generation skydiver. Its pretty funny... my dad took me on my first tandem and then a couple years later I took my dad on a tandem to get my rating.

pic one is my dad TI and me chasing
pic two is faja and I on my tandem qualifying jump
Na' Cho' Cheese

Not exactly a second generation skydiver, since my father and I started together. I certainly agree that jumps with your parents are very cool. I have a lot of really cool jumps I have been on, but the best ones in the log book say "2-way with Dad."

Same here[:)

My Dad was a JM and Pilot in the 80's. My mom did 17 jumps I think.
As for hearing the stories, they make me wonder how he was able to keep a straight face while giving me shit for the stupid shit I've done.
We were at a reunion this past summer for people who used to jump at PST in the70's and 80's. Heard some very interesting stories and met some even more interesting characters... What the fuck was going on at DZ's back then:S:S
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I'm a second Gen skydiver as well. My dad started jumping/working at SGC back in the early 70's with Jim West and Paul Fayard then ran Bardstown for a while. We used to get to jump together a lot but now he's always out of town flying jumpers. It was pretty cool having him dock on my first tandem. Then we both docked on my sisters first tandem later down the road.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero