KermieCorleone

USPA A license validity

After you complete your AFF course(first 7 jumps) is there a time limit within which you much complete the remaining 18 jumps in order to have the 25 jumps needed for your A license? ie you must complete all the jumps within 6 months or you have start your AFF again.

and are there any conditions to keeping your A licence valid? ie you must jump once every 6 months to keep your A licence valid or something along the line if you havent jumped in over a year you would need to do some refresher course or take the AFF course again?

And finally, if there is anyone whose DZ is the Atlanta Skydiving Center would you happen to know if they offer any package deals for the AFF course ie if you pay upfront for all 7 jumps or any other package deals if paying in bulk? I just need to get an idea as to how much I need to save in order to start and FINISH my USPA A license. If you are from another DZ what was the total cost of getting your A license and did your DZ offer any package deals?

I appreciate any info and advice you guys can give me.

Cheers
- Neil

Never make assumptions! That harmless rectangle could be two triangles having sex ...

read this. it is 11mb and a PDF. let it download. you can even print it.

http://www.uspa.org/Portals/0/Downloads/Man_SIM_2009-2010.pdf

the answer to your question lies within.

I am sure someone will post the answer to your question, but you still should read this. it is the skydivers bible. (I dont feel like looking it up);)

to answer your 2nd question, I am sure Trey offers a discount as a package for AFF, but your going to have to call them for a price. feel free to post it here to see if it is fair. I am sure it will be, Skydive Atlanta is a fantastic dropzone.

Look/search for current, currency or recurrency. There are different requirements to stay "current" for each license/experience level. If you go too long without jumping, you generally need some refresher training to continue.

awesome, I knew there was a specific term I was overlooking. I checked the SIM and it stated that an A license holder has to jump at least once within 60 days to stay current. Now I need to know if there is a timeframe within which you need to get to jump # 25 after doin the first 7 ...
- Neil

Never make assumptions! That harmless rectangle could be two triangles having sex ...

Now I need to know if there is a timeframe within which you need to get to jump # 25 after doin the first 7 ...

There is no time frame but if you reference the SIM it also states that a student needs to stay current with a jump at least once every 30 days. If a student does not stay current then a refresher class is usually required before jumping can commence again.

Also note that an A license can take more than 25 jumps to complete. 25 jumps is just the minimum.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Rome has been closed for several years now. Last I heard there was someone working on getting a new operation up and running there with a 182.

To the OP..

I know the Farm offer great deals on both an AFF Package and a full license Package. Call Hans and he will take care of you.

Skydive Atlanta in Thomaston is another great DZ but not sure if they offer package prices or not.

Atlanta Skydiving Center in Cedartown has some great instructors and some cool jumpers there but the Owners/Management have a reputation for highly questionable and unethical business practices. Search for Skyride on here for more opinion on them (They are owned by the same people).

Kermie,

you are lucky to have three drop zone's serving your area!

I work for ASC, the Atlanta Skydiving Center.

first jump course $130
AFF jumps $175
repeat levels $150

we have a package price of $1095 for AFF. this price is for the first jump course, and seven jumps. any levels that you need to repeat are $150 each. this package will save you $260.

"A" license package, $866
(12 solos, 5 coach jumps, Hop and Pop, and a packing class)

these prices have been in effect for years, and are what i paid when i was a student in 2006.

the great thing about the uspa training program is that you do not have to do your first 25 skydives at one dz. you can do the first jump course and level 1 at one dz, then move around to others to finish your training. i've met "A" license students who had jumps logged at several dz's.

we can be reached at 1-800-505-JUMP.

Lance
well im not a skyride fan by any means, but this sport is and always has been rich in moraly questionable behavior. -parabuteo

(Bump reply to Kermie so he get's the updated info from Lance.)

There we have it - the power of the free market. Either place will take good care of you and have great instructors. See ya on the Boogie circuit Kermie.

(St Patty's in Ftizgerald- be there or be gay)

how very gracious of you iago...
well im not a skyride fan by any means, but this sport is and always has been rich in moraly questionable behavior. -parabuteo

well just a lil bit more and I can start the AFF, I originally thought I would only start once I had enough for all 25 jumps but now I am just gonna say fook it and least start the AFF. but now I have another conundrum, the only DZ I have ever been to was at ASC (cause its my friends home DZ) and found the folks the there to be excellent people but now I dont know if I should take another look at the farm, no offense Lance :)

- Neil

Kermie,

...the great thing about the uspa training program is that you do not have to do your first 25 skydives at one dz. you can do the first jump course and level 1 at one dz, then move around to others to finish your training. i've met "A" license students who had jumps logged at several dz's...Lance

Well, that's true and I've seen it as well. But in the real world DZ hopping by a student can potentially involve a lot of time retraining as gear and procedures can vary significantly from one DZ to the next. That likely costs additional $ also, maybe lots of $...

Another option is buy a round trip ticket to Houston ($250) and I will pick you up at the airport. Skydive Spaceland has an A-License in a week package and I have seen it completed in 3 days. Go here for more information
http://skydivespaceland.com/license-in-a-week.html
$2007 which includes 23 jumps with video.
Call for more info...281-369-3337
We are open 7 days a week!

Another option is buy a round trip ticket to Houston ($250) and I will pick you up at the airport. Skydive Spaceland has an A-License in a week package and I have seen it completed in 3 days. Go here for more information
http://skydivespaceland.com/license-in-a-week.html
$2007 which includes 23 jumps with video.
Call for more info...281-369-3337
We are open 7 days a week!

seeing as how funds are the main issue, thats not an option lol ...
- Neil

Why pay $150 up to $250+ for a jump when you can do the Static Line First Jump Training course for $195 which includes your first jump, then the Static Line jumps for $65, then, when you come off the Static Line, the price drops to $45, then when you come off Student Status, the price is $23?
Why pay an average of $200+ per jump when you can get 2 to 4 jumps for the price of 1 AFF jump.

You may notice that the other user here who is advertising for a certain DZ is attempting to dazzle you with some really killer prices and packages. Then you will notice that he goes on to mention that you will have to pay $150 for any jumps you "Need to repeat". Hence, "Failed" a jump?? How can you fail a jump? You jumped, You landed, You lived, You passed! The reason the AFF DZ's mention that is because there is a high percent chance that you will have to "Repeat" (?) a jump or two. They do that so they can get you back for another jump or two. But They will never admit that.
The most that should happen if you missed something on a jump is that it should be logged in your logbook and attention would be given to that area on the next jump or before your "A" License check dive. And if an Instructor says you can't log a jump for one reason or another, they are lying. YOU JUMPED! YOU CAN LOG IT! Even if you didn't get a passing score.
Also, here's a couple of really good references that will help you to make an educated decision about where to jump. http://funjumper.com/skyride/ and www.1800skyrideripoff.com.
After reviewing those two references as well as the suggestion that the other user earlier in this thread offered you, you will see that the user that is offering you all those dazzling prices and packages works for and is advertising for the company which is the same one you asked about at first in this thread, is the company that all that evidence is warning you not to do business with.

The choice is your's, be careful and don't get screwed!

All that evidence can't be wrong!!!:|

Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

jeff, jeff, jeff,

kermie is asking about aff in georgia.

"Why pay an average of $200+ per jump when you can get 2 to 4 jumps for the price of 1 AFF jump."

maybe it's the freefall, jeff. that's why i chose aff. maybe it's actually leaning how to fly his body from jump one. while static line is a perfectly valid mode of training. aff is eclipsing it in poularity for good reasons.

"You may notice that the other user here who is advertising for a certain DZ is attempting to dazzle you with some really killer prices and packages. Then you will notice that he goes on to mention that you will have to pay $150 for any jumps you "Need to repeat"."

i think the pricing for aff at all three of kermie's local, uspa group member dz's are pretty dazzling.

"Hence, "Failed" a jump?? How can you fail a jump?"

not accomplishing the learning objectives for free fall and canopy piloting. i did 9 jumps to finish the 7 aff levels. the money i saved on the aff package essentially paid for them.

"You jumped, You landed, You lived, You passed!"

kermie, merely surviving an aff jump is not the goal, trust me.

"The reason the AFF DZ's mention that is because there is a high percent chance that you will have to "Repeat" (?) a jump or two."

that's true

"They do that so they can get you back for another jump or two."

actually, all of your local dz's will want you back for hundreds of jumps.

"But They will never admit that."

we all will, i just did.

"The most that should happen if you missed something on a jump is that it should be logged in your logbook and attention would be given to that area on the next jump or before your "A" License check dive."

from a jumper who holds no instructional ratings, much less a membership in the uspa.

"And if an Instructor says you can't log a jump for one reason or another, they are lying. YOU JUMPED! YOU CAN LOG IT! Even if you didn't get a passing score."

an instructor will debrief you and help you log every jump you make as a student. whether you move to the next level or not.

Also, here's a couple of really good references that willl help you to make an educated decision about where to jump. http://funjumper.com/skyride/ and www.1800skyrideripoff.com.
After reviewing those two references as well as the suggestion that the other user earlier in this thread offered you, you will see that the user that is offering you all those dazzling prices and packages works for and is advertising for the company which is the same one you asked about at first in this thread, is the company that all that evidence is warning you not to do business with.

The choice is your's, be careful and don't get screwed!"

kermie, learn to skydive. you'll find your place in this argument later.

All that evidence can't be wrong!!!:|

jeff, your wrong often. like wading into this tread.

he's got three awesome outfits local to him. i know all three use top of the line student gear, fly nice turbines, and have great facilities.

lance

>Why pay $150 up to $250+ for a jump when you can do the Static Line First
>Jump Training course for $195 which includes your first jump, then the Static
>Line jumps for $65, then, when you come off the Static Line, the price drops to
>$45, then when you come off Student Status, the price is $23?

Because:

you can get off student status faster with AFF
you learn more about freefall more quickly
you can solve stability problems more quickly

Nothing wrong with static line, but there are advantages to AFF. Instead of paying $195+$65+$65+$65+$65+$65+$65 ($520) for 5 seconds of freefall, you can pay $250 for 30 seconds of freefall. For some people that's attractive.

>Hence, "Failed" a jump?? How can you fail a jump?

Fail to move on. You can fail jumps in AFF or static line.

>The reason the AFF DZ's mention that is because there is a high percent
>chance that you will have to "Repeat" (?) a jump or two.

True of static line as well. I had to repeat seven static line jumps.

>Hence, "Failed" a jump?? How can you fail a jump?

Fail to move on. You can fail jumps in AFF or static line.

>The reason the AFF DZ's mention that is because there is a high percent
>chance that you will have to "Repeat" (?) a jump or two.

True of static line as well. I had to repeat seven static line jumps.

failure is not an option for me LOL ...
- Neil