humbled1

A day at the DZ to remember!!

Today I did my 200th skydive!!! Instead of doing some huge crazy dive with a bunch of others, I decided to do a 2-way belly jump with my 20 year old daughter who was on her 30th jump. She just got her A last week but does not have much time to jump. Its extra tight since I only started jumping after doing a tandem with my daughter the xmas before last. I was hooked right away.

I also did my first night jump earlier tonite, I only got to do a solo from 7K but it was a blast. We were gonna do another load but the clouds were coming fast and dark so the only did the one load. At least I got the solo out of the way, and I nailed the landing.

I attached a few pics of my jump 200 with my daughter. (sorry if they arent to big had to compress them to fit)
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

Yeah I knew she was hooked when she asked for an alti and a helmet for xmas. (and not clothes, shoes or a purse)

Now she just got a job working part time at Square1 at elsinore so she gets free gear rentals. But she also has another job and goes to school part time so she is pretty busy most days..

We should be doing some more jumps together Friday or Saturday....

lookin back this seems like alot of effort and expense just to have a convenient way of getting my logbook signed....;)

"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

Steve, you are a lucky man!!! Great pics!!! B|B|

I have had the privilege to jump two way with one of my sons, and it is truly a day that I will never forget. Now that both of my boys are off defending our shores in the Marine Corps, who knows when that will happen again, but I am hopeful.

I wish you many happy and safe jump days with your daughter!

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

Hopefully one day I'll be able to do the same thing. Sadly, my daughter is 4, so i have a while to go ;-)
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?