mxcale

qualified for 20,000ft ???

Its in the USPA SIM.... I know that you need at least 100 jumps and a B lic..(15 to 20,000)..... If its at 20,000 feet and up you need a C lic. and had made at least one jump from 15,000 feet ......

Also you need to dress warm.... in layers.. it gets cold up there..... HAHAHA... Not that I am your parents..

Good luck...;)

Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

>Also you need to dress warm.... in layers.. it gets cold up there.....

Eh, it all depends on the weather. I've frozen my butt off at 12,500 and been OK at 30,000 feet with just a jumpsuit, shorts and summer gloves. Fortunately such information is easy to get from a winds-aloft forecast!

Its in the USPA SIM.... I know that you need at least 100 jumps and a B lic..(15 to 20,000)..... If its at 20,000 feet and up you need a C lic. and had made at least one jump from 15,000 feet ......

I believe is it merely a suggestion for a B license for that range, not a requirement. The primary risk for newer jumpers is the effects of hypoxia. Still affects the B and Cs, but they have a bit more experience to draw on.

Ultimately, the DZ decides this one.

the B or C thing may have been back when you actually needed to "spot" to know when to jump

it is amazing to me how many folks just go on green without even glancing outside
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Benefit of jumping at a cessna dz..........You can spot your ass off. :P

like it's hard to spot for 4 people at lower altitude in the slowest moving aircraft used!

Not sure that translates well to a KA moving 100% faster, 100% higher, and with 400% of the load. With enough oxygen to be conscious for a few minutes.

Also you need to dress warm.... in layers.. it gets cold up there..... HAHAHA...

:D You live in Canada? :P

In the winter in SC it would probably be pretty darnnnn cold, but I'd do it in shorts in the summer. :P
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Benefit of jumping at a cessna dz..........You can spot your ass off. :P

like it's hard to spot for 4 people at lower altitude in the slowest moving aircraft used!

actually AN-2 is slowest moving aircraft used, and yes, you can fall asleep waiting for spot. :)
Been only on 17000ft. Single problem was when some Polish dudes got the door stuck so we had to go turn around until they managed to get it open.
dudeist skydiver #42