half-a-greek

What happened to the sky surfers?

What happened to sky surfing? I have heard from a few old time skydivers that it is a sport dieing out within our sport, but the question I ask is why? How many people out there sky surf still?

Basically, the only way to make skysurfing look interesting is with a talented video flyer. You can't really zoom around the sky like it looks like on vid, you just spin and flip. Kind of like a 4th of July with only snakes and sparklers.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

What happened to sky surfing? I have heard from a few old time skydivers that it is a sport dieing out within our sport, but the question I ask is why? How many people out there sky surf still?

The 90s called... they wanted their board back.

:P

I had my Tom Stanton board made with a groovy wavy checkerboard pattern with white paint over clear carbon fiber. If I knew where it was I'd hang it on the wall in my man cave.

Yea... not very many folks doing it now days. We have one local on the North Shore that comes out every few months and does a jump.

Oliver Furrer also makes his annual trip to Hawaii and does some interesting things here for 2-3 weeks a year. The only time I ever get to see it up close and personal is when Oliver is here.
Don't be sexist… Broads hate that.