kallend

Media coverage of 108 way world record

A quick search found coverage of the 108 way head down world record in British newspapers and TV, Pakistan, India, New Zealand and Thailand. I couldn't find anything in US media!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It was linked directly on Yahoo`s Home page yesterday and this morning.

I cant find the link at all now, But that is not such a bad thing. The piece was Horrible and the two female commentators were much worse than the usual brainless talking heads. Both talking about how scary it would be and how they would not do it. Then they went on to say how they would hate to be in that "when they all started pulling their Rip Cords and getting jerked up".

Not once was head down mentioned. They presented it as a new world record for number of people "Joining together" in free fall.

I hope yahoo yanked it as it really was pretty bad.

Not once was head down mentioned.They presented it as a new world record for number of people "Joining together" in free fall.

I hope yahoo yanked it as it really was pretty bad.

Edit: Also one of the Commentators talked about she had once done a Tandem but would never do it again and did not enjoy it at all. Definitely NOT good publicity for the Sport the way it was presented.

If I recall correctly they did say "head first" and I agree, the bubble-headed commentary just made me cringe. The "pull the chutes and yank up and down" comment is whuffo hall of fame material.

There's a link (not sure if it's still working) to the Yahoo video in the FreeFly forum.

EDIT TO ADD: Here >>> http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=14883304&ch=4226726&src=news

aloha.

"O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us. To see oursels as others see us.", Robert Burns.

A quick search found coverage of the 108 way head down world record in British newspapers and TV, Pakistan, India, New Zealand and Thailand. I couldn't find anything in US media!

technically speaking, wasn't it just a bunch of guys doing a semi-large jump (albeit head-first)

i mean ... don't you need to get to 401 to have a 'real' world record ???

technically speaking, wasn't it just a bunch of guys doing a semi-large jump (albeit head-first)

i mean ... don't you need to get to 401 to have a 'real' world record ???

That is like saying that because the world record in the 100m is 9.69 seconds, the best time in the marathon doesn't count as a "real" record.

The FAI recognizes head down as a separate category.