mdrejhon

New "Gay Way" World Record with me as Load Organizer (Rainbow Boogie 2009)

I don't really understand your point. Can you elaborate?

I can try, I guess:

You said:

"Unless, of course, being gay is somehow a disadvantage, which in this case, and most cases in fact, I don't believe it is."

Distinguish fact from opinion here. Site a few examples where it is "in fact" not a disadvantage to be gay.
Owned by Remi #?

I don't see what jump numbers have to do with having an opinion here.

Being a low-timer, I think maybe he doesn't understand all the time and effort that goes into organizing a boogie and being a load organizer for a group of visiting jumpers with varying skills, some even with few skills. The fact that they did two points makes it even more impressive. Until someone has the skills to do all of that himself, he should probably just STFU, let Mark have his moment of glory after all of his hard work and maybe even tell him "good job, Dude."

Just my opinion. By the way...good job, Mark! B|

Point taken. I certainly didn't intend to take away from what he accomplished by organizing a two point twelve way. Especially if it was at a boogie, and also possibly his first attempt at organizing a bigway. Congratulations Mark. I mean that sincerely.

Skymama, did you realize though, that you never once mentioned that the participants were gay? Not that I blame you, because we both know that being gay didn't impede them much at all in this feat. Granted, he did have a smaller pool of talent to draw from. But he only had to find twelve talented gay skydivers. There must be hundreds, if not thousands, in this country alone, who were qualified to make this jump. Some of the larger dropzones probably have enough local jumpers to do it. If you think that gays are disproportionetely represented in the skydiving community, then please give your references and reasoning. Otherwise, I stand by my original assertion. Organizing a two point twelve way... well done. Doing it with twelve gay guys and calling it a world record... :S. I let one of my gay friends read this thread, and he felt that it was a bit patronizing. Why was it so special just because they were gay? Do you think gays are less capable?

now you're just twisting skymama's words to fit them to your liking.. and to get "your pont" back that you acknowledged to her in the same post; how about you organise a "hypocrit 12-way"? :|

why do we do anything we do?

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I don't really understand your point. Can you elaborate?

I can try, I guess:

You said:

"Unless, of course, being gay is somehow a disadvantage, which in this case, and most cases in fact, I don't believe it is."

Distinguish fact from opinion here. Site a few examples where it is "in fact" not a disadvantage to be gay.

Ok, you're a freakin bigot! The only obstacle gays face are bigots like you who seem to think that gays are not as capable as straights. Maybe you should try getitng to know a few before you decide that they're somehow always at a disadvantage.

now you're just twisting skymama's words to fit them to your liking.. and to get "your pont" back that you acknowledged to her in the same post; how about you organise a "hypocrit 12-way"? :|

why do we do anything we do?

No, sorry. Skymama answered my question about jump numbers, but she nevered addressed my point about gays not being at a disadvantage. They are two seperate issues. Mdrejhon, Mark, said himself that they were welcomed with opened arms. I contend that gays are as capable skydivers as straights, and don't necessarily warrant special recognition. Now you explain to me why they're less capable. Go on... explain!

you really like boasting big words without explaining yourself, yet, you demand others to do that; way to go, BTW, are you a friend of shah!?

why is there a womans world record? IF you're a friend of shah, its clear to me, you dont question that, so woman must be retarded or something? are canadians retarded?

i'm not elaborating on this anymore, otherwise i'll call you what i think you are..

but calling labrys a bigot on this issue is about the funniest shit i've ever read on here.. still cracking me up! :D:D:D

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

now thats really funny!!! :D:D:D

labrys IS AS GAY AS IT GETS!!!! :D:D:D

i so hope my memory serves me right on that one.. B|

Ok, that would be funny :D

Unless you're wrong :$

It still wouldn't change my point. If he's gay and feels that way, then maybe he needs to stop thinking of himself as disadvantaged. It can be a self fulfilling emotion.

i just checked out of curiosity, i'm darn sure he/she is. just not sure on the sex, but i believe its a dude..

look, why cant you stop being so fucking ignorant about the issue, why is there a christopher street day, gay pride parades and i dont know what not. i know lots of gays and they're fine people; yet, they get beaten up, most fucking straight people have some kind of problem, they're just allowed in MOST MODERN COUNTRIES to get married and have equal rights. they're fucking outcasted in lots of ways in modern societies, some places they get executed.

now get your head out of your fucking ass and stop being an ignorant, self-righteous, envy little prick! :S

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

you really like boasting big words without explaining yourself, yet, you demand others to do that; way to go, BTW, are you a friend of shah!?

Sorry, I have no clue what you're talking about here.

why is there a womans world record? IF you're a friend of shah, its clear to me, you dont question that, so woman must be retarded or something? are canadians retarded?

Women are physically different from men, in case you haven't noticed. And for the record, I have four beautiful daughters and two beautiful granddaughters. My oldest daughter and I made our first two tandems together. You are WAY off base.

Canadians have one tenth the population to recruit from as the USA. That would be about the same size pool as the US gay population. Now you have me curious about the Canadian bigway record.

And what's with your obsession with this Shah guy?

i'm not elaborating on this anymore, otherwise i'll call you what i think you are..

Call me what you want... I've got a thick skin.

Inspired, Virgin - cut it out. Your one warning.

On the second thought, let them at it.

Pass the popcorn - I don't mind this thread being a defacto sticky from all the posts flying. As long as it helps the sport ;)

Then again - steer this thread in a new direction so it doesn't get locked.

On the second thought, let them at it.

Pass the popcorn - I don't mind this thread being a defacto sticky from all the posts flying. As long as it helps the sport ;)

Then again - steer this thread in a new direction so it doesn't get locked.

Or remove the offending series of posts and throw them in Speakers Corner. :P Then again, it's much less work for the mods to just ban 'em if they continue in here. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Or remove the offending series of posts and throw them in Speakers Corner.

Naw, we had that same fight in SC three years ago. Althought it might be a welcome change from all the stimulus threads :P

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm sorry. :( It was 2 AM and I was watching a 3 hour backup job run. Not too exciting. So I thought... maybe I'll go mix it up with that Virgin guy. I was only planning to make one post. But then came another, and another. I wanted to stop, but I couldn't. I was out of control!!! I know I need help, but I'm afraid of failing. This is why I stay away from the speakers corner. I'd be like an alcoholic in a liquor store, and I'm just too weak. So now I've fallen off the wagon, but with everyone's support, I think I can recover.

In our defense, I thought we kept it pretty civil. I did call Labrys a bigot, for which I now apologize, but in the end, I think more egg ended up on my face than his. And Virgin, I mean Mr. Burner, did call me a couple names, but I pretty much gave him permission to when I said I had a thick skin. So... no harm, no foul? Oh, and Feuernom really seemed to enjoy it. That's got to count for something, right?

And on a more serious note... Mark, I apologize for the post whoring and thread hijacking. I meant no disrespect.

Ok, no more posts for awhile, unless I feel a really really strong need to.

Ok, that would be funny Laugh

Unless you're wrong Blush

Virgin isn't wrong.

And for the record, I'm not a dude, I'm a woman and I'm a lesbian.

I didn't say that I felt disadvantaged. I asked you to:

"Site a few examples where it is "in fact" not a disadvantage to be gay."

Gotta go.... my popcorn is burning and I'm late for the weekly gay militant agenda meeting.

And Mark: I'm so sorry I couldn't make it. I hadn't made my monthly conversion quotia so I spent the weekend cruising band camps for vulnerable young women.

:P
Owned by Remi #?