jf951

horny gorilla

Used to be common in planning a RW (belly for the newbies) dive that we'd plan a couple of points and say, then "through a horny gorilla". This was at a time when almost no experienced jumpers wore AAD's (before cypres), and almost all wore chest mount altimeters.

So at the end of a RW jump, usually from 7500' with planned breakoff at 3000', we'd end up on our backs with our altimeters reading high and the ground out of view.:)

I watched an eight way horney gorilla go through a 1000' still together. All lived. All said they would never let that happen again. Two weeks later the same group for the most part did it again. Through 1000'. :S

These low break offs were always happening as people tried to throw the horney gorilla at the end.

I recommend that you do it at the beginning, not the end, of the dive.;)

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Its not a real horny gorilla unless someone loses a shoe, or even better a reserve handle gets pulled.

ill go for loosing a shoe any day over getting a reserve handle pulled

Me too, but id take someone else having a reserve pull than a shoe any day!

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Its not a real horny gorilla unless someone loses a shoe, or even better a reserve handle gets pulled.

ill go for loosing a shoe any day over getting a reserve handle pulled

Me too, but id take someone else having a reserve pull than a shoe any day!

Yeah...nuthin' worse than finding yourself alone in free-fall with a shoe in one hand and a reserve handle in the other....and neither one belongs to you. [:/]

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

fixed it
if you find yourself alone in free-fall with a shoe in one hand and a reserve handle in the other....and neither one belongs to you. get you head on a swivel.........[:/]

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Hi jf9,
Lotsa testamonies!! Start with rolling a tube outa the plane and when it goes over on its side all let go with the high hand to a upside down donut let go and fly back and make a round then key the gorilla!! either foot in first then bring up the other foot to lock legs then everyone let go hands, lean back and scratch their sides and make noises like a "Horny Gorilla!!!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out