bgillespie

Why so much RW hatred

I'm starting my own discipline - "atmotrackwingturnpointwork" (C)

That sounds awesome ... I love tracking, wingsuiting, and turning points!

who wants to join - we have patches, and cookies

I do, I do ... as long as I can still wear my wingsuit.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Yeah, I don't even know what I don't know.... that line is getting so fucking old here it makes me want to puke. So many of you lack luster criticizers keep going around and saying the same old shit over and over. And then another one comes around and says, "That's cause it's true... dur, dur, dur...." Followed by name calling, "You're such a 'SkyGod', with your 'mad skills', lose the ego and try to learn something. All because you don't agree with that person, when 9 times out of 10 they probably: do want to learn, don't claim to have 'mad skillz', and don't have an ego as big as yours, but you accuse them of it to try and discredit them.

and BTW, I never once said that FF was "cooler".... I said I prefer it to RW, and that it is more difficult than RW. I will give you another example since you couldn't comprehend the bicycle/unicycle one. -Simply getting even just 2 people to get a solid dock with the same FF/RW jump numbers is MUCH more difficult in FF, to not understand that is just fucking stupid.. You don't even know what you don't know. :S

Technical FF is more difficult than technical RW... I have yet to see anyone give a reasonable explanation/example of why it's not.

Maestro: I present to you The Clicky
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

It's pretty clear that wingsuiting is the most difficult discipline, since the USPA

Actually world record big ways are the hardest. Of all the jumpers in the world only 400 are good enough to make the record.

;)

Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Actually world record big ways are the hardest. Of all the jumpers in the world only 400 are good enough to make the record.

Only 4 were good enough for the 4 way record number of points.;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Only 108 were good enough for the headdown record.

And several thousand are not worth a shit doing headdown or sitfly or belly fly or any other skydiving discipline all year long but still jump with their friends and manage to have fun doing it.

Only 108 were good enough for the headdown record.

And several thousand are not worth a shit doing headdown or sitfly or belly fly or any other skydiving discipline all year long but still jump with their friends and manage to have fun doing it.
:)
And some of them stop sucking so bad just long enough to train up another bunch that will make a 100 jumps and tell you how it should be done.....:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

LOL who wants to be these poor loser's? When you can get better and jump with your friends and mange to have fun doing it. ;)
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Yeah, I don't even know what I don't know.... that line is getting so fucking old here it makes me want to puke. So many of you lack luster criticizers keep going around and saying the same old shit over and over. And then another one comes around and says, "That's cause it's true... dur, dur, dur...." Followed by name calling, "You're such a 'SkyGod', with your 'mad skills', lose the ego and try to learn something. All because you don't agree with that person, when 9 times out of 10 they probably: do want to learn, don't claim to have 'mad skillz', and don't have an ego as big as yours, but you accuse them of it to try and discredit them.

and BTW, I never once said that FF was "cooler".... I said I prefer it to RW, and that it is more difficult than RW. I will give you another example since you couldn't comprehend the bicycle/unicycle one. -Simply getting even just 2 people to get a solid dock with the same FF/RW jump numbers is MUCH more difficult in FF, to not understand that is just fucking stupid.. You don't even know what you don't know. :S

Technical FF is more difficult than technical RW... I have yet to see anyone give a reasonable explanation/example of why it's not.

Maestro: I present to you The Clicky

And yet another ingenious post with good content... well I guess some are easily amused.

You can get off your knees now.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

>And you think freeflying is not a challenge?

>Seriously, every fresh off AFF status newbie can go on a 4way RW dive . . .

Heck, anyone with one jump can stick a camera on their head, get a baggy jumpsuit, get unstable and flop around.

Wow.... this thread is awesome!

I had no idea I've actually been a freeflyer! - (at least without the camera part) since AFF. Now I can be cool like everyone else!

Or perhaps I'll just have fun with everyone else that jumps out of planes too......
drew

The most difficult discipline is self-discipline....like when you try to keep a straight face when somebody starts tooting off about their mad skillz and huge (padded) jump numbers.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The most difficult discipline is self-discipline....like when you try to keep a straight face when somebody starts tooting off about their mad skillz and huge (padded) jump numbers.

I notice this comment was "in reply to" yourself:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's pretty clear that wingsuiting is the most difficult discipline, since the USPA

;)

Wrong, there were 400 on it but way more than 400 were good enough.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Wrong, there were 400 on it but way more than 400 were good enough.

Sparky

That's correct. Many better skydivers could not make the event because they couldn't afford it, or wasn't at enough big ways with the same organizers, to be invited to the 400.

That said, the organizers did their damndest best to choose the best skydivers that they were able to choose. It's a mind bogglingly difficult job to determine which applicants get the cut.

Also.... I probably rank highly enough now to be in the next RW big way world record, but not highly enough to be on an over-subscribed 200-way yet. (i.e. probably more than 400 applicants applying for a 200way, I'll have a harder time competing) So I might (if I continue to maintain excellent big way currency) easily be accepted into the World Team now, while not easily accepted into a 200-way sequential. Being in the same big way event as key organizers help a lot too in up-ranking me a little. I've been to nine Perris big way events (50ways, 100ways, and Men's World Record)! And it seems I was the low timer at Kaledioscope 2009 sequenjtial 100-ways -- I don't think anyone had less jumps than I, at that one.

Many better skydivers could not make the event because they couldn't afford it, or wasn't at enough big ways with the same organizers, to be invited to the 400.

Gotta PAY to Play.... once you pay enough to the professional skydivers who run things.... you are a shoe-in.