NealFitz

Mr Bill

That isn't exactly what you would call an "officially endorsed" practice, so there probably won't be any official requirements to go along with it. :)
-syn

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain
a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty
nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

What are the qualifications skydiving wise (licence etc) should i have before I could attempt a Mr Bill?

You'll need to be either a boy scout or a sailor, as you'll need to be able to tie two very secure knots. Then you'll need a good length of piano wire (6 - 8ft).

First tie the one end of the wire to a secure location on the gear of the jumper who will be deploying out the door, secondly secure the other end of the piano wire to one or both of your testicles ...... as you exit the aircraft, you will have encouragement to hold on ;)

......... Ok, in all seriousness, best check with your local Instructors or S&TA. They are fun to do but just need some planning etc

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

Get someone who knows how to IAD people, preferably an actual IAD instructor, to hold the pilot chute. Not doing so may lead to such things as the pilot chute wrapping around the leg of the passenger and clearing when the passenger lets go in terror.:)

Also, a Sabre 150 with 400 pounds of suspended weight has a very abrupt stall point somewhere around 1/2 brakes. Just a heads up.:)

(edited for grammar)

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/02/28/funny-pictures-i-come-with-sarcasm/
Proudly uncool since 1982.

Get someone who knows how to IAD people, preferably an actual IAD instructor, to hold the pilot chute. Not doing so may lead to such things as the pilot chute wrapping around the leg of the passenger and clearing when the passenger lets go in terror.:)

Also, a Sabre 150 with 400 pounds of suspended weight has a very abrupt stall point somewhere around 1/2 brakes. Just a heads up.:)

(edited for grammar)

You don't need to IAD a Mr. Bill. With the increased likelyhood of an unstable exit you probably don't want to, especially since people have gotten tangled up that way.

With a big door you can have a nice, stable, Mr. Bill-to-the-wind exit where Sluggo pitches as soon as you're clear from the aircraft.

Something with a slow jump run speed (Otter) will make it easier for Mr. Bill to hang on without breaking anybody (broken bones happen during Mr. Bills)

Hand signals to get Mr Bill off if the exit doesn't go well would be a good idea. You don't want to build air speed and then dump (that broken bone thing).

Helmets are a good idea.

Hook knifes are good idea.

Mr. Bill climbing on Sluggo's shoulders is a bad idea, because if he pulls on the wrong lines the canopy is going to stall hard and fast. Entanglements have happened that way.

A canopy which opens nice and isn't sensitive to body position would be a better idea.

Do not be Mr. Bill more than once a day. Mr Bill gets tired hanging on and may not feel his arms too well when it comes time for him to pull.

I've done a few Mr. Bills including one successful one under a Stiletto 120 and one not so good one under a Batwing 134 which I might have chopped at a lower altitude. It's really not a good idea.

They landed it?

Sure did, they were talking about doing it from a balloon next but had conerns about the rig. Its not like you can borrow a nav260 from any DZ... Or can you?

Edit: Not sure about Sluggo but Mr.Bill was doing his 110th jump

Look I have tried it three times (both jumpers involved experienced) and it did not go well, lets just say think it over before you try it. A buddy of mine also saw one attempted that resulted in a cutaway at 6,000 ft. Bye Bye main! Very expensive jump. If you really want to do it out of a chopper or balloon!
Beware of Wandering Minions!!!

They landed it?

Sure did, they were talking about doing it from a balloon next but had conerns about the rig. Its not like you can borrow a nav260 from any DZ... Or can you?

Edit: Not sure about Sluggo but Mr.Bill was doing his 110th jump

Lots of guys have big rigs for demos and BASE cross-training. I have an old J7 built for a Manta 288 although we've free packed down to 222s and I bet you could squeeze something bigger in there.

If you wanted something that landed better with a 2-up wingloading demos from PD, etc. are cheaper than a single jump from a novelty aircraft.

OTOH, don't like it when people I don't know die and really don't like my friends dieing.

excuse my ignorance but WTF is a Mr. Bill?

Two jumpers hold tightly to each other and exit together.

Sluggo quickly deploys and Mr. Bill hangs on and tries not to fall away. If he succeeds, Sluggo flies around for a while and then Mr. Bill drops away, experiencing the sensation of the pull of gravity.

Sometimes Mr. Bill will climb onto Sluggo's shoulders and stand there while they fly around before dropping away.

Obviously there are many risks involved, including entanglement with gear, damage to gear, unintentional reserve deployment, injury, etc.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

Never say never!

I first learned about this here and saw a couple vids going bad and thought it was a really bad idea but then when I actually saw these guys do it and got to talk to them after the jump its something I want to try for sure!

I did a couple Mr Bills.... that are not hard if you get someone that did it before to help. I did an IAD from seating at the step, and the other guy sitting on my lap... helmets are a very good idea. The first time I used a Manta, the second a Silhouette 210.... go with a big canopy. Both Mr Bills we climbed to the shoulders. A big canopy will make a smoother ride.