eric.pipr

Dropzones in Oklahoma

Hey everyone,

I've been looking around for dropzones near oklahoma city, most of the reviews in the database are from years ago so I was wondering if anyone here could help me find a place to jump or give me some info on any of the locations.

Thanks,
Eric

Here is a list in no particular order: Skydive Oklahoma in Cushing (half way between OKC and Tulsa) Tandem, AFF, IAD. Aircraft is a 206. Pegasus Air Sports in Chickasha, 35 miles SW of OKC. Static-line. 182 aircraft. Skydive Dallas in Whitewright TX, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours south of OKC. Tandem, AFF. Aircraft are Super Otter, Caravan, and a 182, (although they almost never run the 182).:)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

I echo comments above re: Skydive Dallas.
http://www.skydivedallas.com/

Skydive Dallas also has Skydive University coaching, free load organizing every weekend for flat flyers and free flyers, and a well deserved reputation for Texas hospitality.

The next fun event in the SDD calendar is the "Just for us" boogie next week (no students… staff can play w/ experienced jumpers). American Revolution boogie Will be on 4th of July weekend.

Come on down and say Howdy!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Except he asked for dz's in Oklahoma. I mentioned SDD in fairness, cause it's the nearest turbine. ;)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Except he asked for dz's in Oklahoma. I mentioned SDD in fairness, cause it's the nearest turbine. ;)

As a native son of Texas, I gotta say you're all right, boy. :)

Years ago I jumped for a while down in Norman at Para-dise, run by Carlos and Mary Brannon. Anyone know how they're doing these days?

I echo comments above re: Skydive Dallas.
http://www.skydivedallas.com/

Skydive Dallas also has Skydive University coaching, free load organizing every weekend for flat flyers and free flyers, and a well deserved reputation for Texas hospitality.

The next fun event in the SDD calendar is the "Just for us" boogie next week (no students… staff can play w/ experienced jumpers). American Revolution boogie Will be on 4th of July weekend.

Come on down and say Howdy!

I'll echo this. I don't know how many hours I've spent driving between Lawton and SDD, but it was all worth it.

I don't know about them, but there is no dropzone active in Norman, (or goldsby, where there used to be one just south of Dallas). I love SDD, I'll be there next friday, all of us on staff at Pegasus are taking a day trip to there, including our DZO. We get so much posturing on this site by folks loyal to this DZ or that DZ. I prefer to be honest. There are several good dropzones with strengths and weaknesses within a few hours of OKC, I happen to work at one of them.B|

There is a new DZ opening at Skiatook, OK, you may want try.

Skydive Airtight in Skiatook "may" be open later this year. It's stuck in a possible acquisition. 20 miles north of downtown. They are listed in the dz section of dz.com

The others are Skydive Haskell and Cushing

The others are Skydive Tulsa located in Haskell, and Oklahoma Parachute Center located in Cushing.

In Oklahoma, I recommend Skydive Dallas or Skydive Skyranch in Siloam Springs, AR until things get sorted out.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.