humblegod

where should i complete my aff???

You should complete your AFF where you start your AFF, unless you move during the program.

Where should you start? Try your local DZ. ;)

"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

1 tandem in 2 weeks ago. The most amazing thing I've ever experienced. I plan on taking my aff in monterey? All suggestions, advice,or feedback welcomed! Just want to make sure this is the place to learn???

Go Static Line. It's a hell of a lot cheaper, and there's a lot lower failure (do over) rate.
I'm sure the AFFi's out there are gonna slam me for posting this, but the truth is the AFF crams 8 hours of training (that should be 16 hours) down a student's throat in 5 or 6 hours, then expects them to perform in a sport that they have either done once or not at all.
AFF is nothing more than a way for DZO's to make more money per student. You can get 3 to 4 jumps for the price of one AFF jump, and Static Line offers a more student friendly environment and it offers a lot less stressful atmosphere. You can show up at your local DZ and make 4 or 5 jumps and be less mentally exhausted than from a couple of AFF jumps.
Besides all that, how can an instructor have any idea how a person is going to perform when he exits the airplane for the first time (or even the second time if he/she made the tandem)?
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I'm an AFF-I and I won't slam you for having an opinion on it.

But I'll slam you for being obtuse about it though. And for automatically assuming nefarious reasoning by DZOs. And for the delivery, you pretty much are stating SL is better for the stupid people - I disagree, a great student will excel in either program and a crappy student will do crappy in either program.

Hell, there might even be a couple DZOs out there that do AFF because they think it's a superior training program.:o rather than a superior revenue generator (which is totally dependent on their biz model).

What's wrong with making a profit anyway?

You say SL is less stressful - A billion years ago, I started static line and went to delays - then finished up on the last 4 AFF jumps. AFF was a lot LESS stressful for me. One personal anecdote - different strokes for different folks - it's not a one size fits all world out there - good instruction takes the individual and does what it takes to get them learning.

(I think static line is a great business option for single cessna operations - you can get more turns in and fit more than one student into the plane and it's more 'assembly line' attitude can crunch students out all day - DZs with bigger turnaround capability and more altitude, I like AFF for the hands on approach.)

as for the OP - learn local if the operation is safe. Any training method has positives and negatives. Get comfortable at the DZ and take the course you find is a best fit and has instructors you enjoy. All the different training methods are outlined on an approved progression and provisions are in the planning to allow switching training types if necessary or desired. IAD, Tandem, AFF, SL

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm not saying AFF is bad, I just think it's become too commercialized. Sure, there are people out there who were essentially born with a rig on their back (so to speak), and those are the ones who are probably perfect for AFF, but I've been to DZ's that use AFF as the first jump. I know the OP has made a tandem, but referring more to the first timer, That's what I was saying about how an instructor knows how they will perform. I've also heard DZO's saying that they will only do AFF because it's more profitable, and one DZO even told me that if a student couldn't make it in AFF, he would tell them to get a bowling ball. I just think that there's a bit of customer service or friendliness that's lost when profit is put in front of the jumper's experience. I say that while realizing that DZO's have to make a profit, but they just don't have to make a killing off each person who walks through the door.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I hear you.

I'm more cynical about Coach Ratings and Pro Ratings and more ways for USPA to invent to collect revenue with little value add. That's my version of the similar grump.

blues

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

1 tandem in 2 weeks ago. The most amazing thing I've ever experienced. I plan on taking my aff in monterey? All suggestions, advice,or feedback welcomed! Just want to make sure this is the place to learn???

If I understand correctly, you live in Reno. So, you are passing by 5 other drop zones on the way to Monterey. I would suggest taking lessons at a DZ where you might continue jumping, if you plan to continue. Monterey (Marina) would be at the bottom of my list of those six DZ's for an experienced jumper.

You Stated
"you pretty much are stating SL is better for the stupid people - I disagree, "

So what is better for stupid people???...Just Kidding, I couldn't resist...Thought it was funny...

Ryder
Take chances, just do it with all the information to make good decisions!!

Muff Brother# 2706 Dudeist Skydiver# 121.5

There's like 5 or 6 dzs within 200 miles of my house and there all very close to each other just wanna make the right choice!

Being that I live in Tennessee, and 2,000 miles, I cannot tell you if one DZ is better than another, the better advice for which DZ would probably come from your local jumpers, or at least jumpers in your part of the country. Personally, I would start with your closest DZ and visit it then go to the next one out and so on and so forth. Get a feel for the attitude there, and personality of the staff, then make your choice. One big consideration, of course is distance. If you plan to stay with it, you might not want to drive for multiple hours each time you jump when you could be jumping instead of driving.

Like I said, your local guys and girls will be able to guide you to some good places.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

You Stated
"you pretty much are stating SL is better for the stupid people - I disagree, "

So what is better for stupid people???...

tandem ;)