Rstanley0312

Brand new stolen gear....

So I just bought a Sony cx150 and a new hypeye and I just discovered it was stolen from the video area at my DZ :( The issue is this..... I am pretty damn sure I know who did it. It is a jumper that was "visiting" the DZ. My DZO called and confronted him but of course he denied it. There is a .000000001% chance I am wrong on this but I feel pretty confident in my assumption as I jump at a small DZ and I know all of the people that walk back there. It was last seen on Sunday night by a jumper who edites videos and when I went there yesterday..... gone. What would you do? Chalk it up as a loss?
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

That sucks ass, it's not the first time a camera has walked away from that dz, and we're pretty sure we know who did it then too, but without a hidden cameras kind of hard to prove....

My best advice to you is, NEVER for any reason leave your shit at the dz, any dz, or risk it becoming someone else's new toy.

Sorry to hear this.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Ooop! I meant to stick this to the top, not lock it up. MODERATOR FOUL! :$

No worries.... and don't worry I promise not to name anyone so it won't get locked :P
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

hmmm

geeze.. you leave your things for 4 days....where it can be 'seen' by an editor.. as well as Who Knows Who Else...
and then wonder what happened to it??:S[:/]:(

sure stinks for the "visitor" whom you've deemed a thief...

I visit a number of DZs from time to time, and always respect the people the facilities and the property of those who jump there and work there :| I'd hate to think that i would be indicted as a crook... should anything go missing...
simply because I may have been 'the visiting jumper' . Did anyone else, have access to that room???? or more importantly are people specifically denied access to that room, as should be the case for ALL video editing suites.... if people are wandering here and there, jumpers and whuffos alike, that's a bad thing...

sorry for your loss.. :|:(
I sure hope that you're wrong and that someone DID secure it for you...

jimmytavino
a 3914
d 12122
nscr 1817

I was wondering why it got locked.

I jump at a really small DZ and I won't leave anything of value either out in the open or behind when I leave. I trust the guys I jump with, but there are others that I don't know that are there. Students and their guests mostly.

Did you write down the serial number of the camera?

If so, is there anyone who can watch the suspect and maybe see if he has your camera?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

hmmm

geeze.. you leave your things for 4 days....where it can be 'seen' by an editor.. as well as Who Knows Who Else...
and then wonder what happened to it??:S[:/]:(

sure stinks for the "visitor" whom you've deemed a thief...

I visit a number of DZs from time to time, and always respect the people the facilities and the property of those who jump there and work there :| I'd hate to think that i would be indicted as a crook... should anything go missing...
simply because I may have been 'the visiting jumper' . Did anyone else, have access to that room???? or more importantly are people specifically denied access to that room, as should be the case for ALL video editing suites.... if people are wandering here and there, jumpers and whuffos alike, that's a bad thing...

sorry for your loss.. :|:(
I sure hope that you're wrong and that someone DID secure it for you...

jimmytavino
a 3914
d 12122
nscr 1817

Jimmy... the editor is an exchange student from China and there is no way on God's Green Earth that he did it.... that leaves the DZO and her husband which are no longer getting my old camera for the DZ bc this one was stolen. I know all of those people very well. Now we come to the "visiting jumper" whom is not only suspicious in character but also was the only other one that would have been back there. The 4 days you speak of..... weekdays that only the DZO and her husband are in the video area. I sure as shit hope it randomly pops up but I doubt it will. Sorry for not giving you more info. I am not just blaming this guy bc he was visiting. There is a lot more to it than that. Remember.... my DZ is a pretty small one. It's not like I jump at SDC.

Post a lost and found notice at the suspect jumpers DZ. Make sure to also post the serial numbers from the camera. Someone may spot it and report it to you.

Working on that and John I am considering popping in on a certain DZ. He posts on here from time to time so I hope he reads this. I filed a police report and I also am watching ebay etc.

I was wondering why it got locked.

I jump at a really small DZ and I won't leave anything of value either out in the open or behind when I leave. I trust the guys I jump with, but there are others that I don't know that are there. Students and their guests mostly.

Did you write down the serial number of the camera?

If so, is there anyone who can watch the suspect and maybe see if he has your camera?

The camera had never been jumped and I was getting ready to do all of that. Luckily it is on my best buy protection policy so I have all of that information.

Hate to tell you, but the GSBTP plan for your camera is not tied to your S/N. Unless you have the box or some paperwork with the S/N on it, there's no way to get that info.

The paperwork is inside the the policy folder thingy. ;)

I don't think I will ever see it again anyway [:/]

The receipt wouldn't have it on there. It would only be on the camera, box, and possibly a piece of paper inside the box, but probably not.

Ok... last time I have all of the information but it doesn't really matter. I will never see it again.

Lesson Learned:

If you really care about your stuff you won't leave it laying about. I see kids and even adults leaving their cell and i-phones laying all over the place, even on the floor and they seem oblivious....maybe they all have good insurance.

A friend had his Go Pro stolen OFF his helmet at a DZ a few weeks ago....too bad too....the one jump we did together was great...I'd have loved to have that on video.

I myself have a cell phone so old and battered I don't think anyone would want it, yet I stuff it deep into my duffle bag I put out-of-sight at the DZ. I leave my wallet in my car until after the jump....only then do I retrieve it to pay for things.

S&S

"chalk it up as a loss" WTF ?????? Dont be like that..Do WHATEVERRRR it takes to get your *hit back...***WHATEVER*** P.S...I know some Pipe Hittin ***Gers That i could bring down and help out...Just a thought.. I wasnt always a "family guy" LOL......

Get you stuff back man..Good luck..............................