discovery4

A disturbing PM I recieved...bad advice???

Man, 200 jumps - how hard can it be?
I mean, it's not like you've gotta train 7 days a week for 10 years straight or sign up your first born or anything - just do 200 skydives!

I can't believe the crap that some of the people here protest with - to satisfy the demands of nothing but impatience.

500 total or 200 in past 18 months
from the Wingsuit forum.

200-500! that's a bit much!
Especially if you live in the north east.
No wonder dudes say "screw it"
That's a $5k investment in a chance to say "Hi"
[:/]

Right on. I actually know a guy who will instruct you with alot less jumps than that. B|

>Right on. I actually know a guy who will instruct you with alot less jumps
>than that.

Yes, definitely. Here are a few links for people interested in low time wingsuit instruction:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2965595

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3442230

But it seems to that if you get kicked out of one National organization, shame on them. If you kicked out of National organizations, shame on you. Everyone else is wrong and only Bill is right. Nothing was ever his fault.

Sparky

Reminds me of one of my favorite Demotivators:

The common element on all of your dysfunctional relationships is you.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Yes, definitely. Here are a few links for people interested in low time wingsuit instruction:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2965595

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3442230

Brilliant. Lesson number 1 and 2: Remember to pull , and don't forget to put on your leg straps.

Which brings us to lesson number 3: Be sure you don't put your wingsuit on upside down.

Was Bill a member of CSPA at the time he made his high altitude record? If not the BOD would have to ignore requirement applied worldwide to records in any sport.

[Bill was kicked out CSPA for reasons the BOD at the time felt were justified, maybe yes maybe no. He then joined USPA and suffered the same fate. Now this could be a big conspiracy or it could be that Bill was unwilling to conduct himself in a manner that CSPA required for membership.
But it seems to that if you get kicked out of one National organization, shame on them. If you kicked out of National organizations, shame on you. Everyone else is wrong and only Bill is right. Nothing was ever his fault.
Actually, yes, Bill was a member of cspa when he did the high altitude jump(I have a scan of Bill's membership card for that year (1973) if you want to see it), and it was witnessed by two cspa officers, who then sent the paperwork in for which Bill was issued a certificate from the Royal Canadian Flying Clubs Association (RCFCA) acknowledging his record. He received the certificate a few months later in the same envelope as the notice that his membership would not be renewed. subsequently cspa would not recognize the record jump.

As for his 2nd suspension, as Bill has said, there was and is something strange about it. He never got any notice of any reason for the suspension, just notice of it. When I was looking into it with various cspa officers who had his file, they could never give a straight answer as to the reason for the second suspension, and they refuse to allow anyone to access the uncensored file, including Bill himself.

His suspension from USPA was simply because after cspa found out he had joined they called uspa up and said we kicked him out, we think you should honor our suspension -- and they did. In fact someone from uspa confirmed this for me. So there was no new infraction leading to this suspension.

Bill was certainly not in the habit of being nice to cspa officials after they started calling MOT and others complaining about him doing demos without a membership in there organization, but MOT actually didn't care if you had cspa membership at the time, only that you could do the jumps in a professional manner. Frankly, if cspa treated me in the same way, I wouldn't be inclined to be nice to them either.

Bill also set a night high altitude record on a high profile jump over Pearson Airport in 1976 which also would still stand, however, as you pointed out he was no longer a member since he'd been suspended 3 years earlier. That particular jump, however, would still be the record today. The second jumper on the load was never a member of cspa for his entire jumping career.

Interestingly enuf, Sparky, I thought I heard somewhere that you were involved with a chuteless jump as well. You didn't get kicked out of uspa over it?

If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Brilliant. Lesson number 1 and 2: Remember to pull , and don't forget to put on your leg straps.

Which brings us to lesson number 3: Be sure you don't
put your wingsuit on upside down.

Lesson number 4: When you are at the bottom of a hole, stop digging.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

>Brilliant. Lesson number 1 and 2: Remember to pull , and don't forget
> to put on your leg straps.

Yep. No one could be stupid or inexperienced enough to do either of those things. The people who claim that stuff can happen to low experienced jumpers must be old fossils who have lost touch with reality.

Lesson number 5: When shown a ledge to step on to get out of the hole, listen!;)
Half-Way to 'A' and lovin' them blue skies...
and women with pretty blue eyes...
& ... "EH?"

Lesson number 5: When shown a ledge to step on to get out of the hole, listen!;)

Not possible, he's obviously deaf.....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

I seem to remember you stating that you were a safety man on one of Jimmy Tyler's jumps? Or am I mistaken - my memory isn't what it was. But it seemed to make sense because I know you've posted pictures with Tyler at demos....

Someone else on here has posted that they were on the original chuteless jump by Rod Pack as well.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Lesson 5: Remember to have a parachute before you leave the plane.

These are only a few of the important lessons you will learn by taking my FJC. The price is 10,000, and I only take cash.

I am finally glad to know that you got some edjumakation.....and saw the light.

I thought maybe your " sparks " had burned out.

Well, since the world didn't end on schedule, I thought I'd put the brain back in gear for a while. At least until 2012. How about you?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I am finally glad to know that you got some edjumakation.....and saw the light.

I thought maybe your " sparks " had burned out.

Well, since the world didn't end on schedule, I thought I'd put the brain back in gear for a while. At least until 2012. How about you?

DAYUM I hate it when that happens.. you stock up on all this stuff then you have to use the old stuff and buy new before the next one...

At least ammo does not have a"Best if used by ... Date"