DSE

Nicely done demo

It is terrific. And it's important to remember that a good demo is done safely. Just coming in and landing will usually wow the crowd sufficiently. Getting hurt is not required.

I've done a bunch of demos. I've never heard anyone complain that our landings were too boring. :D

I loved a 20 way demo we did into a AAA ball game in Tacoma a few years back. We're all landing, the crowd's cheering great, and then all the women jumpers pull off the helmets and do that sexy shake-shake-shake with their hair that we all love. The crowd went wild seeing that some of the jumpers were, omigosh, women! It was cool. B|

I've done a lot of those night high school demos. What's the pits is when it's 80 miles away so not real familiar and there are two stadiums lit up withing 2 miles of each other.:o Yes we got the right one.:)
We used to do them as fund raisers. The PTA, boosters or whatever ran a lottery like a cow flop lottery. The field was divided into squares, the betters bought squares, and where every we landed were the winners. The state made them randomize the square purchases. In other words you couldn't pick your square. You bought however many and they assigned them randomly. They thought we were too good and could land where we wanted. To the square yard.:)

One hint. Always remember the dew on the grass!

We've taken in pizzas, balls, flowers, all sorts of stuff. I usually made crepe paper streamers in the home schools colors to fly under canopy. Cheap easy available and will break rather than cause an issue.

We also routinely wore the home team's jerseys.

Lots of fun. I need to get back into it.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Hi John,

Just coming in and landing will usually wow the crowd sufficiently. Getting hurt is not required.

Not 'just coming in and landing' is what put Wally Benton into a wheelchair for the rest of his life. They had been 'telling/bragging' that they would land on the 50 yd line. Wally hooked a new Baby Para-Plane determined to hit the 50 yd line. Well, he hit it but the canopy hit it first.

JerryBaumchen