Johnny5

First Jumps from the A400M

The A400M has reached another step in becoming operational. Paratroopers from France and the UK are busy evaluation the ability of the new aircraft.

Here are some shots of the aircraft releasing her load.
I'd rather be on a losing 4-way team than a winning football team.

No.

"Six freefall paratroopers made jumps from aircraft "Grizzly Three" in separate passes from 6,000ft [1,820m] at the Fonsorbes drop zone near Toulouse on 4 November," Airbus says

Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

No.

"Six freefall paratroopers made jumps from aircraft "Grizzly Three" in separate passes from 6,000ft [1,820m] at the Fonsorbes drop zone near Toulouse on 4 November," Airbus says

I must talk to my pilot. I also want minimal loading on the Porter, plas separate pass for everyone :o:o:D

So jealous now.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Just to give you guys an idea of scale: the powerplant was tested on a C-130 before installation on the A400M. The powerplant had to be run at less than about 60% power in order not to cause adverse yaw!

See attached.

its just a shame that american companies can not even compete for american military contracts anymore. im a proud american and this is upsetting to me

I do not understand the relevance of your statement to the discussion at hand. The A400M is not currently being presented for any US contract as far as I know.

If you are referring to the KC-X Tanker program, I would advise you to revise your statement. The Airbus A330 was chosen as the winning bid on merit, but the announcement was retracted after pressure from your government. Subsequently, Northrop Grumman / EADS retracted their bid since the criteria was changed to suit the Boeing bid. Even with American companies backing overseas competitors, it has proved almost impossible to enter the American market (ask US Aerospace...)

However, if you mean that American companies no longer have the technical skill to compete against foreign contractors, I will leave that for you to decide.

the announcement was retracted after pressure from your government. Subsequently, Northrop Grumman / EADS retracted their bid since the criteria was changed to suit the Boeing bid. Even with American companies backing overseas competitors, it has proved almost impossible to enter the American market (ask US Aerospace...)

Not that I want to get into a debate that belongs in the speakers corner, but...

Yeah, that stuff never happens the other way around in Europe. :)
Dave