ShayneH

Jumpsuit Manufacturers

Hi folks,

I'm looking to invest in a good jumpsuit. I've asked around the DZ and got a million different answers. So now it's your guys' turn.

What brand of jumpsuit do you believe to be the best? Categories that I have been weighing are: Durability, art/design, and price. If you could, please also let me know your opinion and how you came to the opinion (are you a dealer for the suits, fun jumper that borrowed or bought one, etc...)

Thanks! -SH

i like my sonic suit. but i believe most reputable manufacturers will make you a decent suit that holds up well, that is if you go with the "modern" fabrics like cordura and spandex and so on. they just get really, really, really warm in the summertime.

other factors to consider is the price, while skylark, some sort of ex-udssr manufacturer makes a suit for approximately 300$, modern version, basically the same design will cost you EASY 800$+ with others..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

It matters what discipline you are using it for. Belly or freeflying? I have a vertical suit that I like but it doesn't fit well due to buying an off the shelf suit. Liquid sky is another favorite that i'll likely be buying as my next suit. I also have a Tony suit for belly work that I love.

It matters what discipline you are using it for. Belly or freeflying? I have a vertical suit that I like but it doesn't fit well due to buying an off the shelf suit. Liquid sky is another favorite that i'll likely be buying as my next suit. I also have a Tony suit for belly work that I love.

well, you DONT buy a jumpsuit off the shelf to begin with.. :|
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Hi folks,

I'm looking to invest in a good jumpsuit. I've asked around the DZ and got a million different answers. So now it's your guys' turn.

What brand of jumpsuit do you believe to be the best? Categories that I have been weighing are: Durability, art/design, and price. If you could, please also let me know your opinion and how you came to the opinion (are you a dealer for the suits, fun jumper that borrowed or bought one, etc...)

Thanks! -SH

My personal favorite company...Tonysuits
http://www.tonysuits.com/

well, you DONT buy a jumpsuit off the shelf to begin with..

If it fits, why not?

To the OP we need more info... Freefly, or RW?

I personally jump Michigan suits simply because they last a LONG time. I have one that I use now for tandems and for slowfall that I have been jumping and tunneling with for 10 years, another suit that I use for comps I have had for 5 years.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

If it fits, why not?

To the OP we need more info... Freefly, or RW?

I personally jump Michigan suits simply because they last a LONG time. I have one that I use now for tandems and for slowfall that I have been jumping and tunneling with for 10 years, another suit that I use for comps I have had for 5 years.

obviously, it did NOT fit.. :S
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

obviously, it did NOT fit..:S

Your statement said: "well, you DONT buy a jumpsuit off the shelf to begin with.."

You made no mention that it didn't fit. You made a blanket comment that you DONT do it.

I asked why not if it fits.

NOW you add additional information. Please do not blame me for your primary comment being incomplete and therefore incorrect.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Your statement said: "well, you DONT buy a jumpsuit off the shelf to begin with.."

You made no mention that it didn't fit. You made a blanket comment that you DONT do it.

NOW you add additional information. Please do not blame me for your primary comment being incomplete and therefore incorrect.

as long as you only quote me halfway through, here is what i quoted and replied to AGAIN:

as you see, the person i replied to did just that; no new information, just ignorance of the facts on your side.. not that i would blame you for it, just stating what was OBVIOUS, again.. :|
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

as you see, the person i replied to did just that; no new information, just ignorance of the facts on your side.. not that i would blame you for it, just stating what was OBVIOUS, again..

I asked if it fits why not.

You made a statement that you don't do something. Again, not my fault you gave bad or incomplete information. But you are quick to blame everyone but yourself for not being clear, or for you being wrong.

To the OP... If you find a used/on the shelf suit that fits.. buy it. Hell, I just gave away a full comp bootie suit since it fit the guy and he was broke.

as you see, the person i replied to did just that; no new information, just ignorance of the facts on your side.. not that i would blame you for it, just stating what was OBVIOUS, again..

You made a statement that you don't do something. Again, not my fault you gave bad or incomplete information.

again, you quote incomplete information; go play your kindergartengames with someone else, i've had it for now..

if you cant read, dont write, it's pretty simple!

gosh, sometimes i really think this forum is only full of twats..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

And with a post to jump ratio of 30 to 1, maybe you are one of them...B|

and since you add nothing to the discussion but mindless drivel.. my assumption must be correct! :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

We've had 3 suits this year change hands and they fit perfectly without mods. Today, one came into my wife's shop and the only thing needing changing was extending the booties - a simple change and pretty cheap since he was getting the leather replaced.

However, "off the shelf" can imply a non-custom fit though explicitly it doesn't at all. So, a good suit needs a custom fit - lucky if you find it off the shelf or off of other jumpers, but usually needs to be tailored.

Pretty simple for one of two posters to just acknowledge the actual point instead of pissing on each other - especially since they were agreeing with other's basic gist in the end.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

We've had 3 suits this year change hands and they fit perfectly without mods.

I was one of those! I am very happy with my Skimmer RW suit and am going to purchase a FF suit from her after Christmas.

To the OP if your looking for and RW suit look at skimmer's stuff. Her suits have some seriously powerful booties.

You made a statement that you don't do something. Again, not my fault you gave bad or incomplete information.

again, you quote incomplete information; go play your kindergartengames with someone else, i've had it for now..

if you cant read, dont write, it's pretty simple!

Pot, meet Kettle.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Yea lesson learned, the hard way. It was my first jump suit. I sent in my measurements stating I would like something quick and they sent back a response saying that they had something sitting in stock that would fit me. It fits, just a little snug for my taste and the legs are too short. It wasn't too bad mid-summer when i wear just boxers and a t-shirt, but when fall came and I thought I would wear long underwear under it....forget about it.

If you read the previous posts his comments made perfect sense...

the dude bought a jumpsuit 'off the shelf' that did not fit him properly. End of story... or at least one would think. :S:P;):D

To the OP:

I just bought a Freak'n Suit (custom fit) ;) with cordura knees/butt, custom colors, and a cargo pocket for $265. I happen to think that Vertical makes the nicest suits, I just didn't want to spend twice the $$ for one. Liquid Sky is a close 2nd!
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

I just bought a Freak'n Suit (custom fit) ;)!

Sorry for the thread hijack, but is your rig custom-fit too ?
If the answer is yes, I don't understant the point of the hip articulation :o
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

If you read the previous posts his comments made perfect sense...

the dude bought a jumpsuit 'off the shelf' that did not fit him properly. End of story... or at least one would think. CrazyTongueWinkLaugh

Not really... Just because *that* suit does not fit does not mean you *never* buy one off the shelf if it fits.

VB made a blanket declarative statement to *never* do something ("well, you DONT buy a jumpsuit off the shelf to begin with.." ) so I asked him a simple question on why he said "DONT" do it even if the suit fits.

I have seen several people walk into Tony Suits and walk out with a suit off the rack that worked and fit great. This includes RW suits that are much more finicky than FF suits. Heck he gave me a camera suit off the rack one day... I had it for 8years and now someone else is actively jumping it.

So why not buy a suit off the rack if it fits? If you buy one off the rack and it does not fit... Send it back and get another one.

None of that is a difficult concept, yet some folks want to make comments that are not correct. And when you ask why or ask for clarification, they get upset and instead of answering the question and admitting they misspoke, they start the bitching.

Umm? guess I didn't get the memo! I walked into Tony suits and bought a freefly suit that was on sale for 50% off!

Although I wish i would have read this post first as it doesn't fit perfectly! It's a bit tight around my belly these days!! Zipper is strong, I like that feature ;)

To the OP,
Tony suit, Ouragan, LiquidSky, DeepSeed, etc.. Whats your price range? Belly or freefly or both?
Skydivers are nothing but a bunch of Narcissistic A$$holes!!
Front risers were made for pulling! Pal
MuFF#5640
D.S. # 2012

I jump a Flitesuit, and have been for years. I've bought four of them, and have worn them for 90% of my jump. They last forever, and the company has always been great to deal with.

Two other options, are Bevsuits and Tonysuits. Both will build a great, long lasting suit, and are solid companies to deal with. The jumpsuit market has always been full of 'start ups' who think that it's easy to build a good suit, or run a good company, and they often fall short in both areas. Flitesuit, Bev and Tony have all been building jumpsuits for at least 15 or 20 years each, and that says something.

Another thing to keep in mind when asking about jumpsuits is that between the myriad of options in fabric, cut, fit, and the number of measurements needed, there are 100 ways for the customer to fuck up a jumpsuit order. The factory will correctly build to the order, but the customer may not be happy because of their own errors. Of course, they may not realize this, or may not admit it, so you get a negative review of a certain company or suit even though it was all the fault of the customer. Stick to more experienced jumpers, who have been through a few suits when looking for opinions on suits or manufacturers.

I have been very fortunate and have never had to send a jumpsuit back for problems with fit. A big part of that has been getting the right person to do the measuring. I currently jump a Vertical suit and with out reservation I can say it's the best suit I have ever owned. Well built and solid, I expect it to last a long time.

Stick to more experienced jumpers, who have been through a few suits when looking for opinions on suits or manufacturers.

or find a local suit maker that can take the measurements directly and discuss use and fit directly also

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants