andreweden

First time asked.......

Come to mile high, we get out at 17.5k w/o o2 all the time, as long as you aren't above 14k I think for more than 30 minutes you are legal.

Here is a helpful hint, Research the law before you open your mouth. You just incriminated your dz

Passengers aboard an aircraft (that are not part of the required crew) are not required to breath oxygen at any altitude. It only must be made available to them.

Passengers aboard an aircraft (that are not part of the required crew) are not required to breath oxygen at any altitude. It only must be made available to them.

Is it available to the jumpers? That would make a difference for many, and keep you legal.

We do ultimate tandems at our DZ, from almost 18K. We use oxygen on the plane, and we're only going 500' higher.

Come to mile high, we get out at 17.5k w/o o2 all the time, as long as you aren't above 14k I think for more than 30 minutes you are legal.

Here is a helpful hint, Research the law before you open your mouth. You just incriminated your dz

so you are restating my fact as your own?
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

We do ultimate tandems at our DZ, from almost 18K. We use oxygen on the plane, and we're only going 500' higher.

But I'll bet it makes the Tandems feel as if they have gone alot higher and it gives them something to brag about!
"We were soooo high we had to use oxygen, you ain't jumped unless you use oxygen"!
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

But I'll bet it makes the Tandems feel as if they have gone alot higher and it gives them something to brag about!
"We were soooo high we had to use oxygen, you ain't jumped unless you use oxygen"!

Yes, it is a marketing tool, but it's also the legal way to do it.

For years, seatbelt use was a joke on jump planes, until enough people got killed because they weren't wearing them. The FAA gave notice to either comply or incur the wrath of FSDO. That changed a lot of people's practices. Don't be surprised if our cavalier O2 practices come under scrutiny some day.

I believe that O2, will come into question one day, the FAR's state the parameters and there are alot of DZ's that have a high enough field elevation that any resonably high jump, 8agl or above should have O2.

P.S. I was just given you a little jab in that last post for fun.....
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

so you are restating my fact as your own?

I don't see any facts in your statement. Just belittling and arrogance. Par for the course.

petejones45-Here is a helpful hint, Research the law before you open your mouth. You just incriminated your dz

Where are the "facts" in your statement? Foot, meet mouth. :D

Also, try reading post 33.

I believe that O2, will come into question one day, the FAR's state the parameters and there are alot of DZ's that have a high enough field elevation that any resonably high jump, 8agl or above should have O2.

O2 was a real problem back in the DC3 days, usually by the second pass , folks weren't up to their usual standards! yet there was never a concern...

O2 was a real problem back in the DC3 days, usually by the second pass , folks weren't up to their usual standards! yet there was never a concern...

WHY are you not now!? :|

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

well..

you just have to try HARDER! that's what all the girls have told me.. :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Could it be that trying to suck air through a Power Hitter was the O2 problem?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239