wildWilly

1-800skyride advertising on DZ.com

It's pretty sad when a thread gets started on this issue, a mod gets in here and says to post the screen shots, you guys posted them and go out of your way to get as much info in here as possible and the mod comes back and says he's working on it, then it gets posted about how little effort it takes to block said domains, and yet, the ads just keep running. If the info that got posted about the process to block those is as easy as described, What's the hold up guys?

It is also pretty sad when people fire heat rounds without knowing both sides of the story.

Moderators have limited permissions. We cannot do anything about the ads except pass the word to the Admin that handles them. Where it goes from there I have no idea.

I did exactly that; passed the word and posted reminder(s) that it remains unresolved. Put that in your cannon.
Arrive Safely

John

They're not on DZ.com but it still needs to go away, so flag your asses off!

http://nashville.craigslist.org/spo/1841475216.html
http://nashville.craigslist.org/bar/1828534090.html

I've got no dog in this fight, and don't want to get involved, but those look like they're persons posting those, not ASC. Flagging them will just piss the person off.

I dont think ASC takes phones in trade for skydive certificates.:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

They're not on DZ.com but it still needs to go away, so flag your asses off!

http://nashville.craigslist.org/spo/1841475216.html
http://nashville.craigslist.org/bar/1828534090.html

I've got no dog in this fight, and don't want to get involved, but those look like they're persons posting those, not ASC. Flagging them will just piss the person off.

I dont think ASC takes phones in trade for skydive certificates.:P

You're probably right, so I sent them an email explaining why they are getting flagged and if they show up again, we'll flag them again. Just because one person got fucked by sLyride don't mean that they have to screw someone else in the process. I closed the email by adding the contact info for the Tenn. AG, BBB, and some investigative reporters that love sLyride/asc. Even though it could be perceived as a negative message to the person who posted the ads, I did it in a respectful manner.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Here's another of those annoying sLyride ads. Hopefully, DZ.com management will address this very serious soon. As we know, Whuffo's DO visit DZ.com when they are trying to find a place to jump and those ads do nothing more than to scam the customer and give our sport a bad image.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Here's another of those annoying sLyride ads. Hopefully, DZ.com management will address this very serious soon. As we know, Whuffo's DO visit DZ.com when they are trying to find a place to jump and those ads do nothing more than to scam the customer and give our sport a bad image.

And I see that when people show up at Waverly for their tandem jumps, they are still being charged $10 for the extra 4000 feet of altitude. :|:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

And I see that when people show up at Waverly for their tandem jumps, they are still being charged $10 for the extra 4000 feet of altitude. :|:D

Are you referring to people like the guy who posted this blog. http://www.raleighmccool.com/?p=17&cpage=1#comment-120
It sounds like even though he got his jump, he definitely got fucked on the "Extra Altitude" and even though he drove for 90 minutes to get there, chances are, he drove past at least one other DZ who would not have charged him for the extra altitude.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Are you referring to people like the guy who posted this blog. http://www.raleighmccool.com/?p=17&cpage=1#comment-120
It sounds like even though he got his jump, he definitely got fucked on the "Extra Altitude" and even though he drove for 90 minutes to get there, chances are, he drove past at least one other DZ who would not have charged him for the extra altitude.

I am not sure I would say he got fucked. In the beginning of his story he says that he paid $170 for the tandem that he purchased on the phone. Later, after he arrived at the DZ, he paid another $10 for the extra altitude. $180 for a tandem going to 14k is not getting fucked.

I am not sure I would say he got fucked. In the beginning of his story he says that he paid $170 for the tandem that he purchased on the phone. Later, after he arrived at the DZ, he paid another $10 for the extra altitude. $180 for a tandem going to 14k is not getting fucked.

It's the sLyride hidden charges. That's the point. He was not told about the "Extra Altitude" until after he got there. Sure $180 for a tandem is not a bad price, but it's the principle that he got nailed with that. And they, (The sLyride supporters) say, "Oh we don't do that anymore", Yeah! Fucking right!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

^
|
|
|
out of his mind.

also the guy that tried to stop a muscular sclerosis fundraiser....what kind of jerk tries to stop a MS fundraiser? I guess the kind that hates people with MS?? I mean thats the only reason I can come up with.

^
|
|
|
out of his mind.

also the guy that tried to stop a muscular sclerosis fundraiser....what kind of jerk tries to stop a MS fundraiser? I guess the kind that hates people with MS?? I mean thats the only reason I can come up with.

If it were anyone but you criminals, that would never have happened. Had you people not proven yourselves to be the scam that you are when you guys did the Cat Aids Boogie, there would have been no reason to inform the MS people about what you people are all about. Again as has been said many times, you brought it on yourselves. Just remember, www.cataidsboogie.com!

I have a sister in law and a nephew with MS, so NO! I do not hate people with MS. Quit trying to derail the thread.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

cat aids was a harmless boogie. If you can prove where anyone got scammed I would love too see it. YOu know nothing about it you werent there. You invented the "scam" in your head.
Calling everyone at a DZ criminals is a pretty bold claim and only further shows your true personality. I'm sure that everyone is going to believe that a whole DZ is full of evil horrible people........yea right.
Of course they dont like you...look how you have treated them. ANd all because you dont like the owner.
I think the real issue is that you hate people with MS. Maybe you dont like those family members so now you support MS???
Not sure. All I know is that you need help and that your obsession is border line psychotic. Quite frankly its scary.

exactly Keith! To me a internet forum is just a place to poke harmless fun and joke around. Unfortunately some people like to use them to be hateful. Make no mistake ...my post are purely in fun.

I am curious who exactly the criminals are though?? That one is really funny

cat aids was a harmless boogie. If you can prove where anyone got scammed I would love too see it. YOu know nothing about it you werent there. You invented the "scam" in your head.

He didn't have to be there. The customers got scammed by thinking they were giving money to the ASPCA and that was proven when when the ASPCA showed up wanting the money that was advertised that had been raised in a benefit that they knew nothing about. When caught, Chuck choked and tried to hand over $100, then the ASPCA refused it because they didn't want to have anything to do with people of your caliber.

Calling everyone at a DZ criminals is a pretty bold claim and only further shows your true personality.

Maybe everyone at the DZ aren't criminals, but the mangement and ownership damn sure is! And they are associated with the management.

I'm sure that everyone is going to believe that a whole DZ is full of evil horrible people........yea right.

The behavior that you and your buddies display says otherwise.

Of course they dont like you...look how you have treated them. ANd all because you dont like the owner.
I think the real issue is that you hate people with MS. Maybe you dont like those family members so now you support MS???
Not sure. All I know is that you need help and that your obsession is border line psychotic. Quite frankly its scary.

If he were the only one who didn't like the owner and his business practices, you may have a point there, but because there an overwhelming hate for the owner/company in the skydiving industry, he just happens to be one of the few who has the balls to step up to the plate and try to do something about it. You're just pissed that someone who you classify as an idiot has been and is still putting your shit in the street. Get a grip, your point is mute!
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

hillarious!

first of all the ASPCA had nothing to do with it and no one showed up looking for a donation! Also no customers were asked to donate money and none did. So apparently maybe you should have been there to actually know what the hell you are talking about. All that was made up by you guys.

Classic.

I especially like the part where you guys claimed we threw cats out the airplane and even a live squirrel. That was pretty funny.

Why the hell are you guys getting in to another pissing contest with Fincher? (Hallux) You guys know that he will just raise enough hell and cause enough trouble to get the thread locked. When he posts, Fucking ignore him! Don't respond and don't answer him. His other user names got banned and now he has to use Hallux. Stay on target and keep posting the screen shots so the DZ.com bosses can get those Skyride ads removed. That's what the thread is about anyway. We all know that 1 800 skyride and ALL their other company names including AST depend on deceptive and fraudulent ads and sites for their survival, so we don't have to have it repeated again in yet another thread.
You guys just need to keep posting the info online, but outside of dz.com like you have been, it's working and people are getting your message and taking heed, therefore the other dropzones are benefiting from your efforts.

Speaking of getting the thread back on track, since there's a few of them that run the ads, can we post the screenshots from DZ's who accept sLyride's tickets?;)

Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org