Tak

Member of Canadian Plaid Jackets Team died in snowmobiling accident

From http://www.mcgarryfamily.ca/english/notices.cfm#612
John Gavin Adams...
Member of The Plaid Jackets Skydiving Team. Passed away, as a result of a snowmobiling accident, at the age of 30 years on February 22, 2003. Gavin is the beloved son of Paul and Judy; loving brother to Shawna and grandson to Madeleine Adams. He will be missed by many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. Friends may visit at the Central Chapel of Hulse, Playfair & McGarry, 315 McLeod Strret, Ottawa on Sunday, February 23rd from 7 to 9 p.m. and on Monday, February 24th from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. A Funeral Service will be held in the Chapel on Tuesday, February 25th at 11 a.m. If friends so desire, memorial tributes may be made to Tim Horton's Children Foundation.
Tim Horton Children's Foundation...
http://www.timhortons.com/english/content_6100.html#Contact
You can send condolences online at
http://www.mcgarryfamily.ca/english/frmCondolences.cfm?id=612
He will be missed.
Tak

People from the Western states would have had more of an opportunity to meet him (I probably have met him when I lived in Alberta, but only in passing).

The Jackets have been the Canadian CReW champs for the last N years, and got bronze on 1 of the event at the last worlds. They are mostly Alberta based and very often go to AZ for training.
Remster

Damn....

This is sad. Gavin was always a great guy to have around. I spent many a night 'round the campfire with him, and always admired his dedication to the sport and representing Canada at the world level.

My deepest condolances to his family.

We'll miss ya Buddy! Blue Skies forever!

Very sorry to hear that. My condolences to his friends and family.

Seems like snowmobiling is one of those deceptively dangerous activities. I'd guess an average of 1-2 people a week die up here in New England during the winter months. Subject for another thread maybe.

Joe

Both times I have been to Eloy the Plaid Jackets were there. Although I didn't know John personally, all the PJ's were friendly and fun to be with on the plane. We were always kidding them about all the canopy material sticking out from under the container flaps.

Blue skies forever John. My condolences to his family and friends.

Blue skies,

Jim