waveoff5500

start skydiving gear rental

Its difficult for some dropzones to rent you rig for the day, if they have a limited number.

They need the rigs to put students up also and if they have a limited number of rigs they really need to make sure they are available for students.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Skydive Long Island - $40 Per jump or $90 per day
Skydive Perris - $75 per day
Skydive Chicago - $35 per jump plus Jump Ticket
Zhills - $23 per jump
Skydive San Diego - $25 per jump

Buying your own rig- priceless!

Actually, not priceless. I ran some numbers in an excel spreadsheet years ago. I put in the new and used (depreciated) value of all the components, maintenance of the AAD, rigging services, linesets, etc. I came to roughly $5 a jump, assuming the skydiver is active and jumping a lot. Granted, there are so many variables this could be $3 or $70 a jump depending on how often the user jumps. But $5 seemed like a sweetspot.

So, zhills being $23 means the average joe can save $18 a jump owning. Not quite priceless, but definitely worth it if you plan on jumping a lot.

Skydive Long Island - $40 Per jump or $90 per day
Skydive Perris - $75 per day
Skydive Chicago - $35 per jump plus Jump Ticket
Zhills - $23 per jump
Skydive San Diego - $25 per jump

Buying your own rig- priceless!

Actually, not priceless. I ran some numbers in an excel spreadsheet years ago. I put in the new and used (depreciated) value of all the components, maintenance of the AAD, rigging services, linesets, etc. I came to roughly $5 a jump, assuming the skydiver is active and jumping a lot. Granted, there are so many variables this could be $3 or $70 a jump depending on how often the user jumps. But $5 seemed like a sweetspot.

So, zhills being $23 means the average joe can save $18 a jump owning. Not quite priceless, but definitely worth it if you plan on jumping a lot.

I bought my first rig a bit more than a year ago. Beyond the cost benefits, you also get to jump the same rig all the time. So you can really concentrate on how to fly and land your canopy rather than potentially having a different canopy each time you rent.

If you are licensed and you plan to jump any reasonable amount, it seems to me that buying a used rig is the smart thing to do for lots of reasons.

ZMC
"Whatever the future holds down the road, being true to yourself is something you won't ever regret doing. " - airtwardo

Yes Gear is $45 per jump at Start Skydiving but your jump is included it that so the jump is $23 the gear is $22 per jump that's where the $45 COMES FROM. So really its $22 per jump.
I hope this helps see you in the Sky, Gene Out

sounds about right to me

Yes Gear is $45 per jump at Start Skydiving but your jump is included it that so the jump is $23 the gear is $22 per jump that's where the $45 COMES FROM. So really its $22 per jump.
I hope this helps see you in the Sky, Gene Out

Also wednesdays jumps are only $15, and we have jumper apreciation days on some fridays for $19. Check the calendar and you will see a lot of discounted jump days. $15 jumps on Wednesdays! Thats freaking awesome!

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!