Calvinchu49

Making my first jump tomorrow...

Hey all,

Tomorrow will be my first tandem jump to prepare me for my level one AFF course Saturday. I am super excited yet getting a bit nervous, but more excited if anything. I will be keeping these in mind:

Remember to breathe
Check altimeter regularly for practice, always be conscious of altitude
Embrace the fall and get the feel of the whole experience
Remember that safety is the number one priority in this sport
Arch, pelvis forward, legs extended

Does anyone out there have any additional pointers before I do this?? Thank you everyone!

Does anyone out there have any additional pointers before I do this?? Thank you everyone!

Take all instruction from your INSTRUCTOR! Don't use DZ.com to override their training.

Oh, most importantly, HAVE FUN!:)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Don't overthink your tandem! Go out and just enjoy it and really try to wrap your head around what skydiving is going to feel like. Ask your Tandem Instructor any questions you may have, but I would say to just go and really have fun with it.

AFF, LISTEN AND ASK QUESTIONS! Practice, breath, and remember to enjoy. They will walk you thru everything you need to know, so absorb and you will do well. Have fun and good luck! :)

I did my AFF course last year and did a similar post asking for thoughts from other ect before my first jump. One person replied that its possible to learn too much before going into your course and i found that to be totally true. you have more then enough to think about..

Relax and enjoy the prejump excitement you are feeling right now and come back and tell us all how it went after :)

The one piece of advice i think i can offer freely is enjoy the ride, theres nothing like your first time B|

O yea and as always.... listen to instructors, the reason they are alive to jump with you today is that they know what they are doing.

ENJOY THE RIDE!!! There's plenty of time for you to worry about what happens after the tandem... take in the experience, enjoy the rush of freefall, look at the scenery, geek the cameraman (or girl) if you have one... it'll be a blast!!! There's no re-do's on a first. Just enjoy!

ENJOY THE RIDE!!! There's plenty of time for you to worry about what happens after the tandem... take in the experience, enjoy the rush of freefall, look at the scenery, geek the cameraman (or girl) if you have one... it'll be a blast!!! There's no re-do's on a first. Just enjoy!

I gotta go w/this one, Cal. I will add: do NOT wear tight-fitting jeans. You don't even want to know...

Have fun, man :)

- get a good night's sleep

- no booze/drugs tonight

- don't forget to look up at the videographer

- DO get video; Your first jump only happens once.

- make sure your sinuses are clear

- start messaging your cheeks now; they are going to be sore from grinnin' tomorrow.

Above all, Have Fun!

(if you ain't smilin', you ain't doin' it right._
:)

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

- no booze/drugs tonight

Ok, I get the Aspirine thing but
what's with a booze? [:/]

the less you drink before a jump the more you can drink afterwards ;)

Have fun, and don't think about breathing that much, it's instinct. There's enough to worry about; you're jumping out of a plane! B|

oh, don't forget to tell us about the jump, and film it.
Good luck!
From 0 to 12.000 in 9 minutes

In my opinion, rely on your instructor and only your instructor, satisfy his/her standard.

Get off (skydiving) Internet for a year at least.

This should be a new BSR and taught in the FJC and a sticky at the top of every forum and waivers and in fact the USPA should spend all its safety budget next year to buy a Superbowl ad "Do not seek advice on the internet for skydiving"
Probably save us a few fatalities and injuries
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

WOW. now that was some good stuff. I did exactly what most people said, to enjoy the fall and have fun. I put good faith in my instructor and was consciously taking deep breaths on the plane ride up. During the fall, I realized I was screaming the whole way down lol. I definitely made the right choice of scheduling my AFF level one tomorrow.... Cannot wait! Oh yea one thing I completely didn't think about during the fall, which is the most important, is the altitude. But I'm pretty sure I will be more aware of it when jumping solo! I am for sure making this a consistent activity in my life.

In my opinion, rely on your instructor and only your instructor, satisfy his/her standard.

Get off (skydiving) Internet for a year at least.

This should be a new BSR and taught in the FJC and a sticky at the top of every forum and waivers and in fact the USPA should spend all its safety budget next year to buy a Superbowl ad "Do not seek advice on the internet for skydiving"
Probably save us a few fatalities and injuries

Well, that's a rather gruff response but the real answer to seeking on the internet is yes, and no.

Yes, it's always good advice to talk to the instructors who know you. No argument there.

If the seeker is one who will take the stupid advice that some give in here and go out and try it without other input from more experienced people, then yes they should not be taking advice off the internet.

If the seeker is searching for the answer he wants to hear, then yes they should not be taking advice off the internet.

If the seeker is mature enough to ask and get second or even third or even fourth opinions before he attempts things, then no.

DZ.com, IMO, is a good learning tool. The caveat is:
1. Knowing enough about the topic to determine if the advice received is BS or not, or

2. Taking the questions and the answers to more experienced people at home to those who know you, or

3. Understanding that the answers you get may not be the answers you are looking for and be able to evaluate maturely.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

WOW. now that was some good stuff. I did exactly what most people said, to enjoy the fall and have fun. I put good faith in my instructor and was consciously taking deep breaths on the plane ride up. During the fall, I realized I was screaming the whole way down lol. I definitely made the right choice of scheduling my AFF level one tomorrow.... Cannot wait! Oh yea one thing I completely didn't think about during the fall, which is the most important, is the altitude. But I'm pretty sure I will be more aware of it when jumping solo! I am for sure making this a consistent activity in my life.

Congrats! It sounds like the jump went well...you weren't scared at all??? I was shitting bricks my first few jumps.