mjl06750

My first jumps in 14 hrs....

Now I've come across the Start AFF or do more tandem jumps. I felt fairly comfortable the whole way down and I didn't seem to "lose my mind". It was a great ride and I feel comfortable starting training. By no means do I want to sound cocky though and I humbly admit I have so much to learn. What do you guys recommend? I know everyone is different and there is no perfect answer. The only reason I consider another tandem is to get the feel of jumping from a lower jump instead of the 18000 ft I went out on last time. My idea behind this is it would give me a idea of how much time I would have to complete all the task involved with AFF requirements in the air. Maybe I'm just playing it safe which of course is the correct way. My concern is jumping from a lower altitude with a feeling I am going to have to rush the jump. Then again maybe I'm tripping and over thinking it all! Thanks for all the advice....all you guys are real cool to all us rookies and I am very glad to be a part of this place.

Go AFF as soon as you are able.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

The majority of my brain agrees but can I ask why you recommend that?

First of all, I have no ratings. I'm just a weekend warrior who has been around for a couple years.....

The major advantage of a tandem is to give you the experience of a skydive under controlled conditions. You have experienced that and decided you want to pursue the sport. What you can be taught on tandem jump is limited. AFF will teach you to skydive. It is ALL about teaching you.

An AFF jump is more like real world jumping. After you graduate, there will be very few situations where you will be in freefall with somebody laying on your back.

In the end, which ever you choose to do next, YOU ARE SKYDIVING! Eventually, you will get to the same point either way.

Enjoy!
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Thanks guys....now who wants to lend me $2000 for training? It's funny how all my other sports have now became old news. My motorcycle which I swore I'd never get rid of is for sale. I'm even considering letting go of my 13 ft albino burmese python and that's my baby!:S I hopefully will be able to sign up in the next month or so.

... I'm even considering letting go of my 13 ft albino burmese python and that's my baby!:S ...

No need to do that: just get your training at the Farm: pets are always welcome there. (And popsjumper will keep her well fed, if she can handle 30-60 lb four-legged meals :o) :D

I am actually not too far from the Farm. It looks like a great DZ with a great atmosphere judging by what everyone around here says. It's definitly a possibility I may do AFF there. I got a buddy that is wanting to take the course at the same time and he is from that area.

I am actually not too far from the Farm. It looks like a great DZ with a great atmosphere judging by what everyone around here says. It's definitly a possibility I may do AFF there. I got a buddy that is wanting to take the course at the same time and he is from that area.

Don't count on your buddy...just do it by yourself. Your buddy will find an excuse to skip out...like washing socks or rubbing his aunts feet for money. Don't question it...go to the Farm, sign up for AFF and embrace the insanity.