Guiaro

Which Skydiving center would you recommend to do the AFF Program Skydive Deland or Skydive Sebastian and why

Hello everybody I'm this in this community and I'm about to do the AFF program and looking forward to get the A license. I live in south florida and i was wondering which skydiving center would you recommend to do this program. Which one do you think have better instructors that could really help me to improve myself and help me find a path in the sport either as a coach or mentor.Whiche one has a friendly staff and won't consider any new skydiver just someone more who's paying for the business

I really appreciate any kind of serious suggestion.

Thanks

Both are awesome in their own ways with their own awesome people. Which ever will be your home DZ should be the one you train at. ;)

If you're equidistant from both: Deland is more of a training dropzone IMHO but the locals still have a blast fun jumping. Sebastian has a great party atmosphere and killer freeflying and some of my favorite organizers. I suggest you go to both and see which vibe you prefer. They're both great just different.

If you live in south Florida, I say neither. Go do AFF at the DZ you are going to be jumping after training.

Second option would be Sebastian only because it probably will be closer to you. But if you don't mind traveling...

Third option is what do you want to get out of skydiving? Are you slightly more inclined to do freeflying (Sebastian) or RW (DeLand) or Wingsuit (Z-hills [because of Tony]).

Fourth option, I say go to DeLand. Only because I jump there and know the instructors and I don't know them anywhere else.

If you live in south Florida, I say neither. Go do AFF at the DZ you are going to be jumping after training.

Second option would be Sebastian only because it probably will be closer to you. But if you don't mind traveling...

This. Both dropzones have advantages and disadvantages in their own way, but with gas being so high I would consider that cost as part of my training. Money spent on extra gas is jump money, or helmet money, or altimeter money, or jumpsuit money, or coached jumps money...you get the drift. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Go to the DZ that is closest to your house. If you live in S.Florida you have Homestead, Clewiston, and Sebastian.

Homestead is a DZ focused on training students. The DZM placed 3rd in the World in 4 way.

Sebastian is a fun DZ. pretty famous for parties. They do a lot of freeflying but that is not my bag o chips.

Clewiston is the DZ where I work when I am not coaching 4 way or 8 way. Fun DZ, like a club but with a turbine aircraft.

DeLand is a great DZ for advanced skydiving coaching. I have maybe 500 jumps there and I was there so much that I met my first wife there.

But the differences between AFF at any of these locations is negligible. Each DZ has rated instructors and each location has instructors that fit into the ranges of meet the standards to great.

Your best bet is to jut go to the DZ that is close to home. A lot of being a student is sitting around waiting for good weather.... It would suck to drive 4 hours and be weathered out.

Plus, I think it is a good idea to get trained at the DZ you will be jumping most at. After certification you want to have made friends to have people to jump with. Being a newly A licensed jumper is a difficult situation unless you are an attractive single chick.... So it is a good idea to make friends while you are a student and the locals will take you under their wing at most DZ's.

Skydive City has the 'bomb squad' that jumps with low timers. Clewiston has the old guys. DeLand (IMO) does not have that same openness. Homestead is great for low timers.

In the end.... I'd go to the DZ that is the closest.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334