James525

Saving someone in spite of themselves

With over 15,000 post on DZ.com, do you really think these guys have time to go to the dropzone?

you know what's so awkward about your bashing ?

You list 640 jumps, and your profile has been registered since March 2001.
My math says that you do an average of 56 jumps a year.
Yet you suggest that others are the ones who have no time to go to a DZ.

retort ?

As I age, I find that I am less interested in saving him, than I am in saving me & those I am responsible for.

All I would ask of this young man with "Mad Skilz" is that he let me know if he is jumping where I am. That way I can keep me and my students off his loads.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

It's all fun & games on youtube, and "Friday Freakouts" videos (as also being mentioned as another of his main resources) etc. - and even here - at a keyboard reading, watching. But it's that one time that comes up 'n bites YOU, when YOU're in the saddle - and it's not just some video on the interwebs screen - and what do YOU do then, when REALITY (not TV reality, but REAL reality - to YOU) strikes, and the shit hits the fan that matters.

Yup. It's all fun & games, and it's ALL "so cool" y'all. Come git yerself some!!! :S

I hope this kid truly is listening and considering, as much as at least he is saying he is (and not just feigning it) now.

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

My sole concern for guys like this is the possibility of harm to others. Hopefully there are people where he's jumping who know to steer clear of him when he's in the air. Other than that I find him mildly interesting and wish him the best of luck.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

My sole concern for guys like this is the possibility of harm to others. Hopefully there are people where he's jumping who know to steer clear of him when he's in the air. Other than that I find him mildly interesting and wish him the best of luck.

You guys make it sound like his GoPro is a nuclear bomb that is going to explode in the air...

All the incidents I've read about small format camera could have been avoided by just not being retarded. If there was an actual training program then there would be less. I still don't understand the 200 recommendation...I think it should be B-license with special training. The reason these incidents happen is because most of these people simply don't know. How about we let them know instead of just waiting for something to happen and then bashing the hell out of each other?

Anyone who wants to jump a camera can and will. You're all adults and can do whatever you like as far as I'm concerned. The people who are annoying are the ones who come on here and argue over and over and over about these stupid little cameras. Sorry but you can't tell another adult what they can or can't do unless you own the dz.

Most footage is abosolute garbage that you will get when you're new but it might get you laid from a whuffo or just impresses your little friends.

If you want to jump with one just do it. It would be a good idea to get some advice from actual people at your dz. Not advice from a bunch of internet folk.

Not sure about the video to impress thing.
I only want to shoot video so I may watch it later. You spend so much time preparing for this tiny 1 minute flight. I'd wanna get everything out of it as I could. That includes a video to rehash on.

Watching yourself in freefall, it's easy to imagine yourself back up there doing that jump. It's like a supplement for the addiction when you're not/can't jump atm.

You guys make it sound like his GoPro is a nuclear bomb that is going to explode in the air...

All the incidents I've read about small format camera could have been avoided by just not being retarded. If there was an actual training program then there would be less. I still don't understand the 200 recommendation...I think it should be B-license with special training. The reason these incidents happen is because most of these people simply don't know. How about we let them know instead of just waiting for something to happen and then bashing the hell out of each other?

So you're saying at 50 jumps a jumper is knows EPs inside and out? Has landing accuracy that's consistent and comparable to someone with 200+ jumps? Has enough experience to be calm when the shit hits the fan and now he has to worry about a camera on his head as well? Has enough self control not to stay in free fall for that one last shot? etc. etc.

And that's just going by your recommendation. This guy apparently is shooting with an A in his 30s.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

I saw a lot of comments about how his actions should be expected because his DZ is Lodi.

Being new to the sport myself, and having Lodi as my DZ, I'm wondering why it seems to have such a bad wrap?

It's the DZ of Natural Selection.

Sooooo, we shouldn't bash low time camera flyers but you are good to go with DZ bashing...

Glad we got that straight.

I saw a lot of comments about how his actions should be expected because his DZ is Lodi.

Being new to the sport myself, and having Lodi as my DZ, I'm wondering why it seems to have such a bad wrap?

It's the DZ of Natural Selection.

Sooooo, we shouldn't bash low time camera flyers but you are good to go with DZ bashing...

Spence, as history has shown us they all get religion or get dead. Ain’t life great?

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

So you're saying at 50 jumps a jumper is knows EPs inside and out? Has landing accuracy that's consistent and comparable to someone with 200+ jumps? Has enough experience to be calm when the shit hits the fan and now he has to worry about a camera on his head as well? Has enough self control not to stay in free fall for that one last shot? etc. etc.

And that's just going by your recommendation. This guy apparently is shooting with an A in his 30s.

"...with special training." encase you missed that part. Every one of those is arguable.

Was a joke... And I'm a firm believer of Evolution so for me it's anything but bashing ;p

its funny you mention jeb corliss as a success driven example in comparison to this youtube guy since he started base jumping because he was an unstable young man that deep down wanted to die.

Gee...never met one of THOSE at the DZ! :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

its funny you mention jeb corliss as a success driven example in comparison to this youtube guy since he started base jumping because he was an unstable young man that deep down wanted to die.

None of had any head noises in the 70's.....right.

Sparky

"...with special training." encase you missed that part. Every one of those is arguable.

And just what sort of classroom / ground school do you think will actually teach those skills / be a substitute for actual experience?
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

Sparky

hahah to both ya :D

sidenote someday I'd really love to blaze a doob with you twardo :D

Sparky

hahah to both ya :D

sidenote someday I'd really love to blaze a doob with you twardo :D

Knowing Jim, I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Sparky