justintime1983

AFF 7 and I want to have fun!!!

OK so Im probably feeling over confident, but lv 7 is Sat and I want to have a little fun. Ive passed everything but level 1 which I had to repeat cause my nerves were killing me.

Basically cause I would be following dive flow I want to track under my instructor and then go into this funny 180/ barrel roll then come back.

Really dont want to fail but I cant afford to jump with anyone for a lil while. Any suggestions?
I keep telling my friends skydiving will fix all your problems, Im a fibber you just let go a minute at a time. Choose what to do with it.

Ive had 9 views and no comments. Someone just give some adice wether I should just do mu jump, or have some fun while doing it.:)

I dont feed trolls on a regular basis! I figured you couldnt be for real.:S
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I'm doing my level 7 this Saturday, too. There's NO WAY I would do that. I spent all this money just to fail the last one and have the same JM who I've had at level 2 be pissed at me? And a guy I've come to respect at that? Nope.

I have done a couple of unplanned things, but nothing like that. Very minor.

1. When he first released me at level 3, I started to spin to my right. He tole me to spin 360 left then right. I figured I'd just keep doing the right turn first and then do the left turn second.

2. At level 6, I did a SHITTY forward roll. Looked at my altitude and decided to try it again and did better.

That's all I've done unplanned. Some might even say that's too much for a newb.

OK I'm just very used to being able to find what I need on the internet. As far as I know there are no books on the proper edicute for skydiving.

There really should be or people like me who dont ask questions could do some preaty stupid things.
I keep telling my friends skydiving will fix all your problems, Im a fibber you just let go a minute at a time. Choose what to do with it.

OK I'm just very used to being able to find what I need on the internet. As far as I know there are no books on the proper edicute for skydiving.

There really should be or people like me who dont ask questions could do some preaty stupid things.

You need to sit down and talk with your instructor about this.

Proper etiquette for skydiving might not involve sucking your instructor through your burble and putting both of you in a dangerous situation. Of course, I'm just a baby skydiver myself...pre-embryonic actually.

Here's a good source for more "Internet learning".

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1448166
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Like I could be 100% off but I picture my JM being like four feet above me, and I tend to track at a downward slope (again Im not going to do anything cause Ive already been told its unsafe, and stupid.) I dont think there would have been an issue except for the "burble"? (spelling question.) you mentioned.

The whole post was like this little thought that I've cought way to much flack over.:)

FUCKING TRACKING UNDER YOUR GODDAM FUCKING INSTRUCTOR!?!?!?!!!!!!! ARE YOU COMPLETELY FUCKING INSANE!!!??!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD BE FUCKING BANNED FROM SKYDIVING FOREVER!!!!!!!! THEY SHOULD LOCK YOU IN A FUCKING CAGE, THROW AWAY THE FUCKING KEY AND BURY YOU DEEP IN THE FUCKING EARTH!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU EVEN MENTION A FUCKING ACT THAT WOULD SURELY FUCKING GET YOU, YOUR FUCKING INSTRUCTOR, EVERYONE ELSE IN THE FUCKING SKY, THE PILOT AND EVERYONE ON THE FUCKING GROUND WITHIN A 50 MILE FUCKING RADIUS FUCKING KILLED!!!!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!! IDIOT!!!!!

now that i got that off my chest, just stick to the AFF routine and you'll be fine;)

good thing to learn for safety of yourself and others in the jump,

Plan the jump, jump the plan. this way you know exactly what everyone will be doing on the jump and where they will be in the sky, you will know which way to actually track on break off and which way they will know where to expect you to go.

at your skill level doing a track to get away from someone and then do a track to get back to someone is very dangerous, tracking is a life saving skill not an RW maneuver. you might start off "4'" below your instructor but then your track might be really flat and you end up 30' above your instructor and you decide that you can do head down to get to him, hit him, nock him out, break his back, kill him, all this is possible. remember, just b/c you are relative doesnt mean you arent flying through the sky in excess of 120mph. just wait a few more jumps, you will have your time to do solo jumps where all you do is a track or all you do is barrell rolls or flips or whatever floats your boat, please be safe out there and have a good time. Patience is a virtue in skydiving, it keeps you safe and makes you a better flyer. i hope htis answers your question of "why not?"

btw, that was just 1 possible thing that can happen, there are many more that no-one could even think of.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

OK I understand not to do this. NOBODY HAS TOLD ME WHY YET!!!!!!!!!!

Really? No one has told you why? Weren't you reading? Here are just some and they're not in the order of importance.

1. It will cost a great deal of money to repeat this level just for a shits and giggles sort of manuver. I believe you mentioned not having a lot of money, so I don't understand blowing it on this.

2. You'll scare the hell out of your JM. These guys honest to God save lives all the time. This one guy saved a girl's life in so many ways when she held onto her PC handle, causing the rope to go around her neck and hang her, then flip her on her back while the canopy was coming out. This JM risked his own life to save hers. That's got to cause some gray hairs, and you're going to frighten him like that on purpose? Not cool.

3. You may actually endager his life.

4. You may actually endager your life.

5. You can get banned from the DZ.

Like I said, they're not in order of importance.

Do you need more reasons?

When you are skydiving, your body (or indeed your canopy) is deflecting the air around it, causing a sort of area of lower pressure above you while in freefall or behind you while under canopy.
This is called the burble.

So if you'd track under your instructor, he'd come into your burble and fall faster, possibly onto your back - especially if he wasn't expecting it.

When there is other people with you on the skydive, it is never a good plan to whimsically do stuff - they aren't expecting it and cannot know whether you've got your stuff under control.

So best advice I can give you online is to discuss things with your instructor. It probably will not be the tracking/barrel roll, but if you're good enough he might include "something fun" in the dive plan.

Biggest issue I have with your post though, you mention you want to have fun on your AFF level.
I see a lot of students say this here lately
Isn't the process of learning how to skydive, like - I dunno, a lot of fun?
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Ive had 9 views and no comments. Someone just give some adice wether I should just do mu jump, or have some fun while doing it.:)

:D:D
Do the jump as planned AND have fun doing it
Level 7 is really not too much more than a fun jump anyway. You've already done most of the stuff and here's your chance to do it all in one jump!

What could be more fun than flippin', tumblin' and spinnin' all in total control????

Edited to add: Good luck with it and post back here to elt us know how it went!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239