BobWright

Did Survivor host Jeff Probst skydive?

Around 10pm tonight Survivor9 host Jeff Probst takes the urn with the final votes to a Twin Otter, pulls closed the airstair door and they take off across the Pacific. When they get over the California coast, he appears to pack the urn into one of his containers, gears up, opens the now rollup lexan jumpdoor and does a lovely poised exit. After a solo freefall, he lands a student sized canopy, takes off all his gear and heads off to the studio to announce the results (I won't spoil it for anyone on the West coast that hasn't seen it yet).
My question is- did Jeff Probst actually do this jump or was it done by a standin? If Jeff did jump, when and where did he learn?

How are the dropzones in CA for wear and tear on a canopy?

The thread in Bonfire is suggesting that he did some sort of AFF for the face shots and a standin was doing the outside/wide angle shots.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

On Bonfire it was questioned whether there was a stand-in or not. Having seen the footage, I'd bet not. The actual freefall was not that great...looked like a student for sure. There was a bit of a turn as well as some movement across the sky. Granted, it was great for a brand new student, but I'd have a hard time believing that it was an experienced person doing stand-in work.

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

Yes! The skydive sequence was filmed at Skydive Elsinore. Jeff Probst showed up here on a Monday (for the first jump course AFF Level 1) with the mission to be "freefall filmable" by Friday. Jeff did an outstanding job throughout his training making his instructors' jobs a piece of cake as well as a pleasant experience for the entire staff at Skydive Elsinore. All the skydiving footage you saw of Jeff was actually Jeff! Yes he does his own stunts!

A special thanks goes out to CBS, Survivor, and Jeff Probst for allowing us to be a part of such an incredible show.

Skydive Elsinore
877-THE-JUMP

Ok so is his main in the thing with all the votes or what? :D Or did he just go out with his reserve? :o Or was that a separate area to store stuff? because if so I wouldnt mind a spot on my rig to keep maybe a bottle or pop and something to eat just incase I land out:P

Q. Why do birds sing?
A. Because they dont have to pack when they land